Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'm in the luculla area on my way to the goblin camp, i made it past the troll king cave entrance.
Now i'm infront of a small encampment of goblins, surrounded by a wooden fence. They are sleeping and wake up when i approach. They have two Mystics and alot of grunts, and they are kicking my ass!
No matter what i try, i can't defeat them.
They seem to have dozens of AP, they take a few steps towards me and still can hit 3 times. After 4 hits my lead character is already dead, because they hit so hard.
I was trying to lob some nasty grenades into the camp, but very often, they hit the fence instead of flying into the camp, so my own group is affected as well, so annoying!!
And the thing thats really pissing me off: i used a smoke arrow to shield me from their arrows and spell attacks, but they can still target me, wtf!?
When its my turn, i always get the message "can't see target" why can they?
My group is level 12, so are they, why is this so hard?

Last edited by DanielH1801; 17/08/18 07:37 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Run down the path and fight them in fewer numbers. It's still tough but winnable.

Support
Support

Sneak to position your party, try putting down some oil surfaces to slow goblins or get them to use more AP going around, etc. After your opening grenade (or fireball, etc) to start the fight, you can add more oil or fire to the mix, engulfing anyone trying to go around.

It is possible that aiming for a foot / elbow, or the top of the head, etc, can get a clear line of sight, when most of the target is blocked. Since the line of sight is calculated from the middle (IIRC) of the model, it is also possible that the middle of one NPC has a line of sight to some part of a character, but the middle of that character does not have line of sight to any of the NPC (depending on positioning).

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

It is possible that aiming for a foot / elbow, or the top of the head, etc, can get a clear line of sight, when most of the target is blocked. Since the line of sight is calculated from the middle (IIRC) of the model, it is also possible that the middle of one NPC has a line of sight to some part of a character, but the middle of that character does not have line of sight to any of the NPC (depending on positioning).

On one of my tries, i was engulfing my own party in smoke. They still shot at me.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I had a tough time with that one too. Create an oil surface, or a water surface so the edge of it is in the open fence gate and the surface is inside the area where they're sleeping. The character with highest perception I think would have the farthest range for throwing a grenade or casting a spell for it. Rain isn't a good idea because it makes characters wet and slow, also leaving them vulnerable to stun and if you use any fire, you get the smoke, which those goblins are prepared to overcome. With a water surface, make it ice by throwing an ice grenade or shooting an ice arrow or casting an ice spell on it. It'll make it slippery and when they get knocked down, keep stunning, burning, poisoning, and slowing them to ensure they don't get to you. One of those goblins hit me a bunch of times too, and I didn't defeat them. They're also quite prone to blinded, so Razzle Dazzle Grenade works, which is different from a smoke cloud in effect. A fire surface is easily created by combining tossing an oil flask at the ground, or casting Boulder Bash, and setting it on fire with a firestorm grenade (bottle filled with oil + fuse to craft it) or casting Flare/Fireball at it. But if you use fireball, stand back far enough to get damaged by it and burnt.

Link Copied to Clipboard