Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Ishban Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Hello I bought the DOS EE from GOG and I had the golden grail and Zandalors trunks in my inventory and something happened to my save files so I started a fresh game since i was not very far into the game.

This time around I got to about level 4 or 5 and decided I wanted to improve some of my armor with the golden grail to get a few extra gold coins when I sold it but alas the golden grail and the trunks were not in my inventory and no i did not sell the items.

I tried started a fresh game and it was not in my inventory i saw a suggestion about going into galaxy and reverting to an older release and then loading a save game and that didnt help either.

There must be a fix for this. I dont see anything in the forums here but I am hopeful someone knows how to fix this problem. I bought the game from GOG not Steam if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance. I await replies.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Hello. I didn't reply before because, well, I don't have an answer but, it sounds familiar. Seems this is a known issue of sorts. Probably the thread is at least a year old or, perhaps even older as it may have come up when I was surfing for answers on the site. The search function has never worked for me here or I'd try to find it for you. I wish I could recall more and have more confidence in what I already said but that just isn't the case. I never really understood the trunks - a rather goofy idea but it did add some humor. The grail adds resell value, though.

I
Ishban Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Yeah I have seen other posts and some of which suggest going back to an older installation etc. None give a sure way to resolve the problem. I did revert to an earlier install and lost all progress and my save games were no longer compatible. So had to start fresh but then i tried all the different installations available through my gog galaxy and none gave me the grail back. This led me to using an editor so I could give myself some gold coins for the ones I didnt get by using the golden grail. I still prefer to have had the grail plus i was very curious about the trunks. I was hoping someone from larion monitored these forums so i could get a real answer. I am interested in DOS 2 but hope there are no issues with things not working right. Thanks for your reply

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard