Print Thread
#650301 11/10/18 12:46 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello,

I just got the game and am curious if an assassin with 2 handed weapons is a viable character choice. Since I dont have that much freetime to start over again, Id rather ask beforehand.

It doesnt need to be the perfect build or sth I just wanna know if i can get through the game on classical mode that way

TY

The main problem I see with this does apply to all non-knife melee weapons. They are strength-based, while most of the Scoundrel skills are dex-based. So, you would have to advance both strength and dexterity whereas ability points don't come in large volumes.

On the other hand, you would gain the option to skill the strength-based Man-At-Arms skill tree next to Scoundrel. A 2H assassin would most likely lack in toughness to be a tank, but I myself played through D:OS EE in classic mode with a friend with "only" a Scoundrel, a Ranger, a Mage, and a slightly reinforced Inquisitor, and we managed quite well. You'd have to modify your tactics to compensate, but fortunately, D:OS offers the liberty to do so.

I didn't try your combination myself, but I think you should be able to finish the game in classic mode if your other characters are reasonably capable and your own tactical skills are reasonably developed. smile

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
thanks for your response, I think ill just go for it and see what happens wave

Do that. One of the strengths (and fun) of D:OS is the freedom it leaves the players for experimentation.

I would very much like to hear about your experiences with this build.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard