Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I noticed that, even after the definitive edition, if you play local coop (split screen), the second players main hero often has their dialogue skipped.

Whenever there is an event that creates the golden exclamation marks with the entire party, and you initiate the dialogue, the first player selects their main characters dialogue option and the voice line plays like normal while the second player decides their dialogue option for their main character.

Whenever the second player chooses their dialogue option, the game ALWAYS skips right past playing their voiced dialogue and goes immediately to the third heroes automatic dialogue which plays totally normally and then the fourth which also plays totally normally.

It’s only the second players main character and only during the golden exclamation mark dialogues. But it happens every single time no matter who the second player is controller. We have experimented and found that it happens to all origin characters and even custom characters. Even if, in the same game, the two players swap main heroes with each other, the second players hero will still have their dialogue skipped even if it would have played when controlled by the first player earlier.

I think it is just buggy when it comes to the golden exclamation induced dialogue. We have also noticed that if any battle or other dialogue is initiated by any of the characters while the golden exclamation marks are present, they will disappear and that dialogue will be gone forever so you don’t get to experience it. Major bummer.

If it helps, I play this on steam with two controllers.

stranger
stranger
This may be tied to the other bug I've observed where even in single player, some custom conversations time out if you're busy talking to an NPC when they trigger.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard