Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
See the original discussion:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/3335371283883422648/?tscn=1539768431

This behavior is observed when playing Sebille, with regard to unique conversations that trigger for Ifan. IE, the ones where you get yellow exclamation marks above a party member’s head, but only for a minute or so. The little yellow mark even starts "flashing" to warn you that it's almost out of time! The bug is that it should pause while you're actually mid-dialogue with another NPC, as there’s no way to prevent expiration without rushing to an early end of the current conversation tree.

Happens when:
  • Talking to Zaleskar - triggers because "Lone wolves" are mentioned.
  • Talking to Exter - where Ifan had unique commentary to make.
  • (May be more, those are just the 2 I can reproduce)

For players, I'd recommend disabling the UI feature where the camera zooms in on conversations, as you can miss the exclamation marks this way, and if you see such an event trigger, reload after taking your time through the dialogue first.

Last edited by DuchessOfKvetch; 18/10/18 05:38 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
(can't edit post above)

Also observed:
"Dark Cavern" map - when interacting with the necromancer soul jars
When talking to the crucified seekers near Ymitt

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
(still can't edit OP, which is another bug in itself mebbe?)

And another one. I'm seeing these only because I pan out when talking to NPCs.

When you return from the Hall of Echoes the second time, you're talking to Malady. If you complete your conversation with her, you lose the chance to talk to your companions.

C'mon, this *can't* be desired behavior on the part of the devs, unless for some reason we're expected to always interrupt the NPC we are talking to in favor of talking to party members!

I'm hoping this is at least put in the "bug queue", as it ruins one of the main reason I play RPGs (reading the script!).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by DuchessOfKvetch
(still can't edit OP, which is another bug in itself mebbe?)

There's a window of just a few days when posts can be edited, for reasons which pre-date me being here...

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the explanation! I just thought it was a new "feature" related to the forum upgrade (edit incompatibility with older posts, for example).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard