Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#651218 12/12/18 06:54 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm not sure how this happened, but in GM mode i am stuck in a pseudo GM/player character state. For instance, I can no longer click to interact with things in GM mode (can't open containers, clicking on an NPC shows the attack icon and deletes it). This was probably caused by a mod, but I have since removed all mods from the campaign i was making and the issue persists. I even tried going to another campaign, and starting one from scratch. Same issue. Also, when i go into my GM's inventory and mouse over a weapon, i can see a default staff being compared to the item in question.

Ideas on how to fix?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
UPDATE

I have since tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling game... no dice. Last theory is going to be playing a mode where i control a PC and see if that fixes GM thinking im a PC.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
UPDATE

My last ditch effort was in vain. My GM mode seems to be permanently screwed up.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
UPDATE:

It would seem the the GM is listed as "Elf Warrior" so when I am using the GM function it thinks i am an NPC with the Elf Warrior template.

veteran
veteran
Using any mods?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally i was, but i uninstalled all of them and the problem persisted.

Another user, Redunzgofasta, listed that unsubscribing to all workshop mods, and then deleting all game files and reinstalling. I am holding off on that step currently I have maps and GM campaigns i have made that i do not want to recreate.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I did not suggest that. It was suggested to me by the Composer. I actually am reluctant to do so out of fear to lose any of my work ( even though I would make backups, better safe than sorry). Also I am convinced that the problem is not on my side and the problem would still be there when subscribing to any DE mod. As far as I can tell, the only way to get rid of the problem is by unsubscribing to all DE mods and deleting them manually from "Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods"

EDIT:
Removing "Patch_2.pak" from "steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data", starting the game, closing the game, putting the "Patch_2.pak" back, solved the issue for me :S I can download and use DE mods again.

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 19/12/18 01:19 PM.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
UPDATE:

It seems that using the "Game master shroud" function (Ctrl + Space as default) causes the Elf warrior bug. I have no idea what "Game Master Shroud" even does, as using it seems to change nothing on the screen.

Still waiting on more information for a fix, but for now, do not use the listed function.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Game Master Shroud toggles the Fog of War for the Game Master. It of course only does so when a scene has Fog of War. The standard scenes that come with the game and a lot of custom ones don't have it. I can use the function just fine without it causing a bug.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard