Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Howdy-ho fellow Mac players.

First of all don't worry if you have Mac issues. DOS2 Port is going to be supported and patched - the game will improve and evolve. So without further ado here's the list of issues you should be aware of:

1. Lesser than Haswell iGPU's are exhibiting artefacts and red tint. That's the most widely spread issue. And it's a known Intel driver issue. And Intel is fully aware and even more the fix is almost here. But - there is always 'but' there is a catch. You will have to upgrade to 10.14.4. Next week there might be 10.14.4 beta 2 which already will have lots of improvements. Also there will be DOS2 patch which should fix everything for Iris users.

UPDATE: You can try latest DOS2 version from Steam and 10.14.4 beta 2 and you will immediately see the improvements. However it's still quite a long way for Intel to go, there are more issues and they are being resolved right now. We understand that can exhaust your patience but it's nothing we can do - we already have major issue fixed - time to fix smaller ones. And please don't yet report the issues with Iris - we know them all smile

2. Non AVX CPU's are not supported. This means XEON based MacPro's 2010 and other old Macs will exhibit ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION exception. We will be working with MacPro users first to remedy this issue and have a fix soon. Anybody interested in helping devs with MacPro support and those with MacPro can mail support@larian.com and state just this - "I have MacPro, I can test and help - route me to Mac developers".

UPDATE: Official version on Steam/Gog should support Mac Pro 2013 as of today. We're working on MacPro 2010 support.

3. NVIDIA is not officially supported. Well duh, that's it. Nothing we're going to do about this right now.
UPDATE: We have decided to explain a bit more about NVIDIA. We work with Apple Metal Engineering team on any issue with Metal we encounter. We have solid support from Intel and solid support from AMD. This means that for every issue on those cards we could get a timeline of fix availability. For NVIDIA we can't get any timelines. So we can't tell you - when things will be fixed. However we have decided to mount some pressure on Apple bugtracker with Nvidia support to get at least a definite answer whether we can get NV working in a reasonable timeframe or this is not possible at all. So let's keep fingers crossed.

We will add issues to the list, but hopefully It will stay short wink

Last edited by Stauff1138; 15/02/19 04:49 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'd also like to add my 2¢ and say that scrolling with the Mac trackpad is suuuuuper OP and should be dialed down, or they should give us the option to adjust it. I just *barely* scroll with my fingers and it zooms in all the way, as well as menus scrolling all the way down to the bottom.

There also isn't an option to adjust scrolling speed system-wide, either.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
> Noted.

stranger
stranger
Just bought DOS2 on the basis of excellent reviews. Easily meet system requirements. Disappointed that it is unplayable doe to display problems (As 1 above). Hope fix is soon, otherwise I'll expect a refund. I'll hang on a bit as it seem as if this is a great game.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Can you please tell me your specs. The issue is that Intel Iris is fairly old system that generally can't 'easily meet' system requirements. It's more or less minimal system requirements.

stranger
stranger
Is there an update on non-avx2 compatibility? I'm still unable to play because my mac only supports avx1. The way I read the first post seemed to indicate that non-avx2 Macs would be able to play eventually. Maybe I misread? Thanks so much for the help.

stranger
stranger
Currently having consistent freezing and crashing upon combat in the Vault of Braccus Rex, making that area unplayable.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios

Originally Posted by Benyano
Currently having consistent freezing and crashing upon combat in the Vault of Braccus Rex, making that area unplayable.

Can you please create a new thread with specs of your Mac , crash logs and description.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey, just installed 10.14.4b2, but the problems persist. They are of a different kind now, however. See the enclosed screenshot [1]. The graphics seem off to me, the char portrait looks bad and also light-sources are funny. The main menu and chargen screens are broken as well.
Does it mean the bugs are still not completely fixed? Or could it be a problem with my rig? (15' MacBook Pro mid 2014, 2.2 i7, 16GB, Intel Iris Pro 5200).

[1]: https://imgur.com/a/Cm8yZpL

Last edited by Sh4rPEYE; 04/02/19 09:08 PM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
B2 should fix snow. That’s it. We will fix everything else concerning color and blackness.
Beta 3 will finalize the fixes
I will check fixes tomorrow and report here.
So fixes are indeed coming

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great to hear that. Are the system specs ok, then?

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Well miracles happen but your machine still is right now in the unsupported list frown

I mean we will fix the issues and graphics will be great. But I can’t guarantee frame rate. It will be low.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can you provide any estimates on when the next update will be pushed (and are we waiting for Apple/Intel or Larian atm)? I don't want to sound rude, I'm just curious. If the miracles don't happen, I might need to return the game and that is possible only in the 14-day window since the purchase. I'm wondering if the graphics fix will be up in that timeframe, so I'll be able to try it out to see if my device can handle it.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Theoretically we’re going for 30+ on low, plus you can enable additional post processing. Try now. Scroll play field, zoom. The performance will be better in the end but not much. So you can feel how it will be even now with b2.

We’re waiting for Apple. Next beta will be next week. Our fixes probably will happen earlier than final
Apple release.

We might have a small public beta but I can’t say for sure. So let’s give it a week until b3 and I will see what we can give as beta test

stranger
stranger
Stauff, is the avx2 requirement among those fixes? I just want to be sure I'll be able to play at some point, hopefully soon. I, like these other people, want to know if I'll need to return it within the time frame. So is that avx2 requirement fixable? And is it apple that will have to fix it or larian? Sorry to bug you. I'm really excited to play soon if I can.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Avx2 issue is in open beta now. Ask Raze for instructions

Support
Support

EDIT: since the beta has not been updated since the 2013 AVX2 fixes were moved to the main branch, it is outdated and I removed the passwords below.

With the Steam version, right click on the game in the library, select Properties, switch to the Betas tab and enter the password <redacted>. That should unlock a branch called 'public_macbeta', which you can select from the dropdown list.

With the GOG version, in Galaxy, select the game, click More and select Settings; near the top, to the right of the 'Configure Game' heading, click on 'Beta Channels' and select 'On', then click on 'default' for the Channel, select 'Add Private Channels', enter the password <redacted>, click Submit, then re-open the Channel dropdown list and select 'Public_MacBeta'.

Last edited by Raze; 12/06/19 06:11 AM.
stranger
stranger
I am still having the artifact and red tint issue in the mac-beta

My specs:

MBP Retina 13 in mid 2014
2.6 GHz Intel core i5
8G 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536MB

Last edited by Leanonkeenan; 05/02/19 03:56 PM. Reason: Forgot specs
stranger
stranger
My game crashes on startup even with beta. It could be my mac, but I feel as though I should still be able to run it.

My specs are:
Macbook pro early 2011
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

stranger
stranger
I have a really strange bug now: even on low settings the frame-rate is abysmal, unless I start sliding the brightness setting on the touch bar up or down, the frame rate then stabilises until I stop adjusting the brightness. It played fine on Sunday, so not sure what that's about.

My specs are:

MBP 2018 15"
2.9 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by Thefirstcheese
I have a really strange bug now: even on low settings the frame-rate is abysmal, unless I start sliding the brightness setting on the touch bar up or down, the frame rate then stabilises until I stop adjusting the brightness. It played fine on Sunday, so not sure what that's about.

Ensure you have Triple Buffering. Also reboot might help. Vega should be very much OK in any cases.

stranger
stranger
OK thanks will try that.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

Like most of the crowd I was excited to download Divinity Original Sin 2 since I enjoyed the first one wholeheartedly. Upon starting it up it was just red and black graphics. Unplayable. But reading this post and others it seems to be related to Intel graphics that share the CPU. My iMAC has a separate graphics card.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Any advice as to why my machine would be having a problem by displaying the red and and black tint issue when I have a separate Radeon graphics card?

Anthony

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by Anthony_1759
Upon starting it up it was just red and black graphics. Unplayable. But reading this post and others it seems to be related to Intel graphics that share the CPU. My iMAC has a separate graphics card.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Any advice as to why my machine would be having a problem by displaying the red and and black tint issue when I have a separate Radeon graphics card?

What's your OS level?

stranger
stranger
Hello Stauff,

I believe it is either Sierra or High Sierra. I will have to check when I get home from work. I assume you are asking because there might be a difference in performance between the two?

Best

Anthony

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
High Sierra is officially supported. But for best performance you need Mojave. Your video card is supported

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, pretty good on that beta. I was worried there. My system:

2013 13" MacBook Pro Retina
OS 10.13.6
3 GHz i7
8GB ram
eGPU NVidia GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB
Probably won't even try it with the igpu:
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Started up and initial gaming seems to be fine.

I don't mind switching back to an AMD card (I had a Radeon 560 before, but the NVidia outperforms it on my setup), but don't make me buy a 2016 or later MacBook Pro! In reality this is probably my last Apple laptop anyway, although I've considered a 2015 which is the last MBP to have all the ports I need. Glad I could get this game to work, at least for the time being.

Anyway, Thanks!
Joe

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
First post updated to reflect everything we know

stranger
stranger
I also have red artifacts in the game :( any news regarding the fix?

My specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
Intel Iris Pro 1536 МБ

OS Version: 10.14.2 (18C54)

Support
Support

The fix requires OSX 10.14.4 beta 2, as that is the first update to include Intel's driver fixes.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Having the same problem with the red tind using the beta, game purchased in gog. My specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 inches, mid 2014)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Last edited by serperga; 10/02/19 09:27 AM.
Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
HDR not working on Mac.

I've seen Windows users complaining about HDR not working correctly and I'm not having anymore luck on a, Mac.

It does funky things to the game application, both on my iMac's display and my second display, a 55 inch 2018 LG 4K TV that does support HDR. Stuff like freezing upon start up or just crashing the application atogether. Even when I can get the game to launch and play with HDR on everything is so dark it almost looks like a completely black screen.

The specs are as follows:

27" 2017 5k iMac running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3
3.8 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Unchecking the HDR option in the Mac start up dialogue appears to make the game run like it should without any graphical issues.

So is this an issue for everybody, both Windows and Mac, or should this be working correctly for me?

Support
Support

serperga:
Do you mean the game beta or OSX? The red tint issue should be fixed with the current 10.14.4 beta 2.

Yor:
Does that iMac have HDR support? A quick search online implies that it doesn't (EDIT: but it does; maybe the confusion was the bug mentioned below when applying the settings?). In any case, the darkness issue is a symptom of enabling HDR with an OSX system that doesn't support it, so if your iMac has HDR support, the game is not detecting that for some reason.

Last edited by Raze; 14/02/19 10:29 AM.
stranger
stranger
@Yor
Hi, how do you get the startup screen to uncheck the HDR box?

(Made the same mistake and took HDR on my iMac with dark screen result :-/)

Support
Support

Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can disable HDR again.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
@Yor

Let's first understand your crashes. The game should not crash in HDR mode even when Mac does not support HDR.
Please look inside User Reports in Console for DOS2 crashes and send it to the support team please.

Next stop. 5K iMac definitely supports HDR. Can you please go to System Preferences and tell me whether you see the setting called 'Automatic Brightness Adjustments' and whether it is on.

Launch the game. The fire you see should be VERY bright. Also you didn't calibrate the HDR picture, that's why you're having issues. Go to options HDR settings and adjust it. Generally you should set brightness to max and contrast to min to get 100% clear result, then adjust accordingly.

But again. Let's first deal with crashes.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
P.S. There is also a bug in Options.When you 'Apply HDR' settings brightness/contrast - don't apply settings on video page, just close it.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 14/02/19 09:53 AM.
Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Raze

serperga:
Do you mean the game beta or OSX? The red tint issue should be fixed with the current 10.14.4 beta 2.

Yor:
Does that iMac have HDR support? A quick search online implies that it doesn't (EDIT: but it does; maybe the confusion was the bug mentioned below when applying the settings?). In any case, the darkness issue is a symptom of enabling HDR with an OSX system that doesn't support it, so if your iMac has HDR support, the game is not detecting that for some reason.

I still have what is considered the top-of-the-line consumer iMac. It's basically the best iMac you can get other than the iMac Pros. When the Mac version of Divinity Original Sin 2 was first announced I checked on the HDR thing and found that my iMac does support that.

I have a dual monitor setup here with the second display being a 4K LG 2018 TV that also supports HDR. With the HDR option on I tried lanching the game on each display, with each display set as the default display, and encountered the same problem on both.

Once again I'm running OS X Mojave 10.14.3, which is the latest full release. I'm not really comfortable with downloading a beta so all have to wait until 10.14.4 is officially released to try that.

If I get a chance I'll try launching the game again today with HDR on and play around a little more with that gamma slider to see if I can get better results. But I'm guessing I may have to wait until 10.14.4 is released for this to function correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by byps
@Yor
Hi, how do you get the startup screen to uncheck the HDR box?

(Made the same mistake and took HDR on my iMac with dark screen result :-/)

Somebody already beat me to it but yeah hold the command key down when launching the game. hehe

Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Stauff1138
@Yor

Let's first understand your crashes. The game should not crash in HDR mode even when Mac does not support HDR.
Please look inside User Reports in Console for DOS2 crashes and send it to the support team please. But again. Let's first deal with crashes.

It looks like I solved the crashes problem on my own. It seems like EyeTV was conflicting with Divinity. EyeTV is kind of a DVR/TV application that works with various TV tuner devices, including ones that were made by the same people that made the software. It's kind of on its last legs since these products aren't being supported in the US anymore but I've been still using it until it actually breaks. In any case just closing the application while playing Divinity seems to work so I'm good with that.

I used your suggestions for the HDR issue and got it to work much better. Unfortunately I think I still prefer playing without HDR turned on because it's much brighter and easier for me to see everything that way. In fairness I've only been in the ship's hold, where it's dark, so maybe I will like HDR being on better once I get out of there and outside. The splash screen for the game looks pretty good with HDR on and that's outside.

I'm not really playing the game very seriously right now because I'm waiting till I finish another game that I'm currently playing but I wanted to install Divinity, and briefly triy it out, while it was still eligible to be returned just in case there were serious issues. But I feel like the issues have been solved enough now for me to keep the game and look forward to playing it a lot soon.

Thanks so much for your help though. hehe

journeyman
journeyman
@Yor. Not to derail the actual purpose of your posts or the dedicated purpose of the thread, but I just ditched EyeTV for Channels on AppleTV and I use my old ETV MacMini as the Channels DVR server (I have two HDHomeruns). The whole recent TVGuide issue was the last straw.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming/

Joe

S
stranger
stranger
S
@Raze, Beta game not OSX beta. I'll try with OSX Beta.

stranger
stranger
Yeah I'm having an issue where the game quits after about 5 seconds after going full screen, and I tried the mac beta for the game and all the graphics have a red hue. Is my Mac too old or not equipped for this game?
MacOS Mojave version 10.14.3
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i54 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

stranger
stranger
Hi, sorry I'm sure I could probably find the answer to this question if I was more tech-savvy but looking at the system requirements doesn't really help me that much because I don't know what processors and graphics card are = or > others.

I bought the game and had the red tint and snow problem, making it unplayable (the whole screen would eventually turn into a field of eye-gouging white squiggles)

After tinkering with the settings quite a bit, disabling the HDR thing and joining the beta I was able to get it to a state which I could at least complete the tutorial but everything was still red and squiggles abound, so It's not playable for me in its current state.

I don't know if this is because my computer's not good enough run the game (was expecting to have to play with low-to-medium graphics anyway) or if this is a problem that'll be fixed. Would be grateful if you could tell me.

My system specs:

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

and if this is relevant:

Thanks!

Support
Support

Jacknballs
The CPU fixes in the beta will be moved to the main release in a game update soon. Your MacBook is not officially supported, but may be able to run the game.

The red tint should be fixed with the latest OSX beta; I don't think there is an ETA yet for the public release of the 10.14.4 update.
The minimum requirement for integrated graphics is the HD 5000. A couple of people have mentioned using the HD 4000 when reporting the red tint issue, but so far I have not seen any reports on performance, or conformation that the fixes work for that GPU.

Joshbuckler
This is a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update (including the current beta 2); some Iris issues may only be fixed with the 10.14.5 update, but the red tint and static should be fixed with the current beta.
If you wish to try the latest OSX update, Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas.
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

For details, see the guide below, for example:
https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/install-macos-mojave-public-beta/

stranger
stranger
Hello there!

I've been looking forward to playing the game on my Mac, but unfortunately I'm reading that NVIDIA cards aren't supported and that problems could arise if you play the game with an NVIDIA card, so I wanted to know if anyone has installed the game on a Mac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and if they encountered any problems? Is it advisable to try it out?

Here are my system specs:

iMac 27-inch, late 2013
macOS Mojave 10.14.3
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

Last edited by Sermon; 15/02/19 03:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I can't give you an official answer, but I had an NVidia 1050Ti that ran it fine on a lower resolution setting of 1280x720 (I think that's it, I can't recall exactly). At 1920x1080 (or whatever that actually is) I had a good bit of video stuttering in dark locations such as indoors and in caves. Outdoor "daylight" was fine. Switching to the lower res everything ran fine. I did change out my egpu to an AMD Pulse RX570 and everything is flawless.

I would try it.

I still think the NVidia Gameworks splash screen is ironically funny.

Joe

stranger
stranger
Thanks for the heads up. I'll still wait a little longer - maybe I'll get an official reply after all. I'll give it a try if I don't get a definite "Don't do it, because it won't work" within the next few days.

Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by jfutral
@Yor. Not to derail the actual purpose of your posts or the dedicated purpose of the thread, but I just ditched EyeTV for Channels on AppleTV and I use my old ETV MacMini as the Channels DVR server (I have two HDHomeruns). The whole recent TVGuide issue was the last straw.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming/

Joe

Thanks for the tip!

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by Sermon
Hello there!

I've been looking forward to playing the game on my Mac, but unfortunately I'm reading that NVIDIA cards aren't supported and that problems could arise if you play the game with an NVIDIA card, so I wanted to know if anyone has installed the game on a Mac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and if they encountered any problems? Is it advisable to try it out?

Here are my system specs:

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

First post contains answers and they are not really cool for you, sad to say. NVIDIA is not officially supported and won't be until Nvidia releases eGPU for Mac (we don't have any knowledge about that but you never know...). We ourselves don't even count the number of issues with Nvidia cards but if anything changes we will be the first to call out to their Metal team with bugs.

So - as of today. NV is not supported and there are no plans to do it.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by jfutral

I still think the NVidia Gameworks splash screen is ironically funny.

Joe

Game uses Nvidia PhysX and Cloth.

journeyman
journeyman
I know. You've said that before. It is still funny.

Joe

apprentice
apprentice
I signed up for the Apple Beta program and ran the enrollment app for my machine a few days ago, but 10.14.4 never shows up as an option, it just keeps telling me that Mojave is up to date at 10.14.3. Does anybody know any other way of getting the Intel updates? I didn't see anything useful on their site. Ironically, I was able to play the game using Bootcamp and Windows before without the red hue etc.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212
Mostly I make music: https://www.sjatr.com

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
This strange happenings with latest beta is true even for us. I can’t get any info about its whereabouts. My sources tell me to wait till 14.4 b3 which apparently is very near. But they also don’t know what is the issue with b2

stranger
stranger
[quote=Stauff1138]
First post contains answers and they are not really cool for you, sad to say. NVIDIA is not officially supported and won't be until Nvidia releases eGPU for Mac (we don't have any knowledge about that but you never know...). We ourselves don't even count the number of issues with Nvidia cards but if anything changes we will be the first to call out to their Metal team with bugs.

So - as of today. NV is not supported and there are no plans to do it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply! While it's certainly not good news for me, I appreciate the quick response and the info! I might still give it a try and see how far it gets me... again, thanks for the info! It's much appreciated!

Last edited by Sermon; 16/02/19 10:38 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 b3 this morning and the game now appears to work without the red tint. There is still a bit of a flicker, kind of like a lightning flash every now and then, but the game is at least playable with the correct colours.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
stranger
stranger
How did you manage to get Mojave 10.14.4 b3? My Mac (enrolled in beta program) is still telling me that Mojave is up to date at 10.14.3.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm not sure the reason the Mojave beta finally appeared, it mysteriously just finally appeared once when I clicked on Software Update. I wish I could tell you what triggered it.

stranger
stranger
I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 b3, and there is less of a red tint than before, but I still do not see the correct colors. The graphics look similar to how they did with the red tint, but are brown and black now. Not playable, as I can't see things well enough. How disappointing! I know my Macbook is not officially supported, but I did hope that it would be playable.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
Mojave 10.14.4 Beta
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Edited to add:
Is there a way I can download the latest DOS2 beta from GOG without using GOG Galaxy? I can't use Galaxy because it crashes. The version of the game I am using is listed as "Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition 3.6.36.3440 (GOG-3)"

Last edited by tamagotchi; 20/02/19 02:13 AM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
We're receiving confirmations that red tint issue is gone for users of Intel Iris. (With b3 of course).
If like previous poster you have issue please step up now, I am creating separate thread for this.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 20/02/19 05:49 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hello! I just purchased this game today from Steam. It opened to the main menu and worked for about 5 minutes. When my friend invited me to join multi-player, it suddenly crashed and will not launch again. I tried shutting down steam and reopening it, to no avail. I tried entering the mac beta, and it won't launch with that either.

My specs are: macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.3
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by MoFlame
Hello! I just purchased this game today from Steam. It opened to the main menu and worked for about 5 minutes. When my friend invited me to join multi-player, it suddenly crashed and will not launch again. I tried shutting down steam and reopening it, to no avail. I tried entering the mac beta, and it won't launch with that either.

Your case is very strange. Please contact support and they will track your issue and work with us if needed to resolve/understand your case.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by MoFlame
I tried entering the mac beta, and it won't launch with that either.

If you switch back to the main branch, does yesterday's update make any difference?

If you still have this problem, try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games (though in 5 minutes you may not have tried starting a new game before the invite), configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different macOS user account would effectively do the same thing. With cloud support enabled, Steam would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, extract the replacement folder from the download below into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder, and see if that will let you start the game again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f7ckbkm1g1iqv7/DOS2DE_Doc_36326602.zip?dl=1

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this gets the game to start.
If that helps, create a new profile and try joining your friend again, or hosting a game.
If the game still crashes, delete the replacement Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and optionally (since you don't have any saves to worry about) rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
I bought the DOS2 for OSX in GOG and I have a very strange issue.

The game runs fine, but whenever I load a saved game, the character situation is the same, but the map is reset, any door or object that I interacted with is back to default, dead characters are back to life, and what is worse all the characters become non interactive.

When I first installed it I got a warning that DOS2 was not compatible with System Sensitive OS, so I thought that may be the reason, but I created a new partition with ASF non case sensitive and still have the same bug...

Specs:
Mojave 10.14.3
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2,9 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

Try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache' folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems when saving or loading.

Try verifying local files: in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try creating a new profile, start a new game, go part way through the tutorial section and save/load to see if this still happens.

If this happens in a new profile, try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting Compress.

stranger
stranger
I'm a newbie to the forum. I have a MacBook Air 6.2 and have installed DOS Enhanced Edition on Steam. Will I be able to load DOS 2 ?

Support
Support

It may run, but MacBook Air models are only officially supported since mid 2017. Intel HD 5000 graphics are the minimum requirement, so you are ok on that front (though integrated graphics do better with more RAM).

A game updated added support for 2013 CPUs to the Steam and GOG releases (we are working with Apple to add that for the App Store version), but officially only iMacs (with AMD GPUs) and Mac Pro models since late 2013 are supported.
If you have one of the early 2014 models, you have a better chance of the CPU being ok than mid 2013. All of the specs for the 4 MacBook Air 6.2 models list 4GB of RAM, while the minimum is 8GB (that would at least impact performance, if not whether the game can run at all, trying to share between the system and GPU).

stranger
stranger
I'm experiencing a crash during the Trompdoy battle. I've updated my Mac to the latest macOS Mojave Beta 10.14.5. I've tried reloading to an earlier point and tried different things to engage or escape battle and it still freezes during the Trompdoy battle. Anyone facing these issues as well?

Support
Support

Yes, a video freeze there is a known issue in 10.14.4 and .5, though rarer than the crashing before the fix in 10.14.4. This should be fixed in the next game update, but there is no estimate yet for when that will be.

Another person who reported this was playing co-op; the game would still respond to input, so he could pass his turn, just not update the video. There was no problem on the other Mac, so they swapped who was hosting.
You may be able to quicksave and restart the game (repeatedly) to get through, or if you don't mind missing a little experience, one person reported sneaking through to the end of the area to avoid the combat / crashing.

stranger
stranger
I have a Quad-core MacPro5,1 with an AMD Radeon HD 7950 video card. Are you still working on support for these older systems and are you still interested in volunteers for testing to send email to support@larian.com as directed in the thread's first post?

Caveats are that I only have a slow DSL link and I don't use GOG Galaxy so downloads average about an hour per Gigabyte.

Thanks.

Support
Support

Yes, there are still plans to add fixes for 2010/2012 CPUs in a future update. I don't think there is any need currently for more crash reports on these CPUs, and the beta branch (on Steam and GOG) has not been updated since the 2013 AVX2 fixes were moved to the public release. If needed it will be updated at some point and another call for beta testers posted.

For GOG the beta is only available through Galaxy, since GOG only makes the full installers for the main branch releases.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I would really like to enjoy this game with some friends but my mac is also a mid-2012:

Macbook pro (Mid-2012)
Processor 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 Gb 1600MHz DDR3
Graphic Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have not tried anything yet, but reading at this discussion I have two questions:

1 - Is the beta version actually available for anyone purchasing the game or is it only for approved beta testers?
2 - does the windows version also require AVX2 CPU instructions?
In the case it does not, a bootcamp may be the solution of the problem ( I really hate windows but surrender is not an option :) )
I know this sounds like a little bit stupid solution and someone would have already figured it out but I'm really excited to try this game!

By the way, do you have any idea if the fixes will be out in the short (weeks-few months) or long (many months) term?
Just to know if it is worth to struggle with the beta or it is better to wait :)

Cheers

Last edited by Sarkhan; 17/04/19 07:31 AM.

S
Support
Support

The beta version has not been updated since the 2013 fixes were moved to the public release, so it wouldn't help with 2010/2012 systems. It was a public beta, available on Steam and GOG (using Galaxy).

The Windows version does not have this AVX2 issue. It also does not officially support integrated graphics, so there may be texture issues. Of course with the GPU being under the performance of the minimum requirement, a low resolution and graphics settings would likely be needed for acceptable performance.

Hopefully the additional AVX2 fixes will be ready in time for the next game update. That is still in the 'being prepared' stage, but within your definition of short term.

stranger
stranger
Ok, so I totally have to check out the Bootcamp solution while waiting for the next update ( or for a new machine, whichever comes first smile )!
I'll let you know if I manage to run it by editing this reply, thank you very much for the fast answer!

Cheers

S
stranger
stranger
Hello,

I was hoping for some insight with some graphical issues I've been having. After downloading macos 10.14.5 beta 4 the red hue issue that many were having and all other graphical bugs disappeared for me. Unfortunately, as soon as I downloaded the latest beta, I've encountered a number of graphical bugs making it very difficult to play. Whenever casting certain spells, mostly hydro or geomancer, particles flicker all over my screen. For example, on casting fortify, I large flickering sphere encompasses the character its used on, taking up half the screen in the process. I have tried adjusting every video setting in game with no change. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.5 beta 5
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Support
Support

What OSX version were you on before? The red tint should be fixed with 10.14.4. There are some existing Iris issues to be fixed with the 10.14.5 update, but I'll have to check if the beta introduced any new ones.

stranger
stranger
Hey there thanks for the reply! When I was on Mojave 10.14.4 as far as I could tell there were no visual bugs throughout the game. It was only when I updated to 10.14.5 that I started having the odd spellcasting bugs I mentioned before.

Support
Support

This is a known issue. Can you confirm which version you have, though? I believe 10.14.5 is only up to the second beta.

stranger
stranger
I see what you mean now, sorry about that. Im running 10.14.5 beta 2 (build # 18F108f).

stranger
stranger
I have been going through DOS2 on a
MacBook Pro mid 2015
MacOS 10.14.4
2.8GHz Inter Core i7

Everything was going fine until I got through a fight and started talking to characters afterwards. After one of the choices was used in the conversation popup, all other choices froze. When I hit escape, the menu came down but I could not reload or quit the game. If I tried to quit using the window button (windowed mode), I would get the menu asking if I wanted to quit but it would not respond. The only way to close the game was to do a force quit.

Apparently it is not the save file that was corrupted, because I have tried going to earlier saved files and get the same problem. At the first conversation popup you are allowed to make one choice, and then everything freezes.

Any Ideas?

Support
Support

In the exit conformation window, did you try just hitting Enter?

If you create a new profile and start a new game, do you have the same problem?

Try verifying local files:
In the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

With the App Store version, or GOG without using Galaxy:

Terminal
bash-3.2$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
bash-3.2$ codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

This takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

stranger
stranger
I tried not only to start a new game but uninstalled and downloaded DOS2 again. I run into the same problems in a new game I started. I found that I could work the conversation by hitting return after lining up what I wanted to say with the mouse. However, mouse would not click the button. The same was true with the exit windows--I could line up with the mouse but could not click. Hitting enter caused the action to happen. I tried continuing, but found that I could not click on spells I wanted to cast or anything in the hot bar. I couldn't manipulate objects like boxes. My old saves were still existing, so it would appear that the uninstall did not delete local files.

I checked the validity of local files and they all validated. I am on Steam.

Support
Support

You should also be able to use the number keys to make dialogue selections (at least '1' should work when there are no options, just 'continue').

Is the problem with boxes just in the inventory, or when they are in the game world, as well? Do you have any problem selecting a place on the ground to move, or using ladders/stairs/etc?

Do you have mouse gestures enabled, etc?
Try pressing the Cmd key on startup, and see if there are any mouse related options (in D:OS EE, at least, there was a 'Precise mouse tracking' options which could fix a couple of issues).

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Fullscreen or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different OSX user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2 DE, create a new profile, start a new game and see if you have the same problem. If a new game is ok, exit and then copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ../Savegames/Story folder. If that lets you load the saves and select dialogue options, etc, move the rest of the saves over.
If that doesn't help, delete the new Documents D:OS 2 folder and rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
The restart after renaming the old subfolder and creating a new profile, then moving a couple of the old saved games into the new folder worked. All functions are back and I didn't lose any progress. If you would like the old folder, I can send it to you.

Thanks for your help.

Support
Support

Yes, please do zip the old folder and email it to supportdos2@larian.com (you don't need to leave any save folders), with a link to your post here.

stranger
stranger
Hi, I played for a couple of hours today on my Mac and now upon relaunching the game all my Saves are gone - while my profile still exists, I don't have the option to click "Continue" as it is greyed out.

I launched the game from GOG Galaxy. In the Client the Cloud Saves was/is ticked and I wonder if somehow my savefiles got deleted due to some synchronization error? When I click on the download arrow of the client in the bottom left there is an entry "Saves backup: Divinity Original Sin 2 - ..." and below that it says Failed.

Is there any way for me to restore my saves? If not, how do I prevent this from happening again? Any help would be much appreciated!

Support
Support

If you select Story in the main menu, and then Load Campaign, is the save list empty in the load window?

Check the save folder to see if the saves are there, but not showing up in-game for some reason. If you switched OSX user accounts, that could account for the saves not being listed, but in that case Galaxy shouldn't have just synced the profile and not the saves.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
You can try searching your hard drive for *.lsv files, in case the saves got moved somehow.

You can disable cloud saves for the game in Galaxy. A failed backup shouldn't remove the local saves, though, or syncing if there are no online saves, I would think.

I don't suppose you have any backups of your Documents folder after the play session but before restarting the game? That would require a conveniently timed scheduled backup, or a backup or sync program monitoring the Documents folder.

You can try recovering the (presumably) deleted saves, but the more you use a system after files are deleted, the less likely they can be fully recovered.
https://www.ibeesoft.com/recover-data/recover-deleted-files-on-mac.html

stranger
stranger
Hi!

I'm playing with a Mac mini 2018 with a EGPU Vega 64 and I have strange horizontal lines in the boat at the beginning when I have "Lighting Quality" set to High. If I turn it to Medium they disappear. They don't appear with my MacBook Pro 2017. I have pictures to show the effect, but I don't know how to upload them here.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

Support
Support

This is a known issue with Vega graphics, which should be fixed in a future update (no ETA yet).

stranger
stranger
Thanks

stranger
stranger
Hi!

MacOS Steam is giving me "invalid platform" when I attempt to install

I appear to meet the minimum requirements, is there anything in my spec that's preventing installation, or is this a Steam issue? Any known workaround if so?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Support
Support

It looks like a Steam issue, since the game should support your system.

Did you try logging out of Steam, rebooting, restarting Steam and logging back in?

What is your OS version number, Mac model identifier and early/mid/late year indicator?

stranger
stranger
Is there any update yet on this working with the Mac Pro 2010, please?

Support
Support

There were 2010/2012 AVX2 fixes included with the last game update (3.6.44.4046), on Steam and GOG. We are working with Apple to add support for AVX/SSE instructions for older CPUs with the App Store version, as well, but there is no ETA yet for that.

stranger
stranger
I recently picked up the game. I'm playing on a 13" MacBookPro 12,1 using a Steam Controller. Whenever a text input pops up in the game (e.g. setting up a profile at the beginning or naming a save game) the Steam keyboard overlay appears. However, it's very unresponsive and typing letters never works. The real keyboard is also disabled while using a controller. So there's no way to type anything in game. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution? This happens both with stable Steam and with beta.

Support
Support

If you disable the Steam overlay, that should eliminate the keyboard overlay, and hopefully allow keyboard input. Exit out of Big Picture Mode, and in the Steam library right click the game and select Properties, then switch to the General tab and uncheck that option.

I'll check if this is a known issue. It works fine here, in Windows (overlay input is responsive, and keyboard input is not blocked).

stranger
stranger
Thanks. I tried this, unfortunately if I disable the overlay the controller doesn't seem to be detected by the game, it launches in keyboard/mouse mode and the controller doesn't do much but emulate a mouse. Not sure if it's Steam updates but the overlay keyboard seems responsive now, but it still won't actually let me input anything. Clicking letters causes the autosuggest bar to show some options, but no matter whether clicking keys or one of the suggested words, they just disappear and don't make their way back to the game.

Support
Support

Are you launching the game from Big Picture Mode, and is the Steam controller set to a controller profile?
At least when I tested here in Windows, it was still recognized as a controller by the game with the overlay disabled, and I could load a game, open the save window and enter text without the overlay keyboard. There was a warning on the game page about the overlay being disabled and some functions unavailable, but I didn't notice any issues in the short time I tested.

If you hold Cmd when starting the game in BPM and check in the Controller tab, is the Steam controller listed there?

SPX Offline
stranger
stranger
Hi--just wondering if there is any hope/update re NVIDIA graphics cards?

Support
Support

It is my understanding that Apple no longer supports nvidia graphics cards, at least in part due to their poor Metal support.

stranger
stranger
Hey team - just ticked over 30 hours on the game and loving it. Unfortunately starting to pick up some performance issues, frame rate would suddenly drop dramatically for no apparent reason (not in an intensive battle, not heaps of fire around etc.) - however, I'd reboot the application and it would be okay. I'd just made it to the Sanctuary of Amadia where it started getting really bad, so I went to restart the application but no dice...even the introductory part with the Larian logo is freezing and changing frame every 1.5-2 seconds, no improvement once you hit the menu's :(

I'm absolutely loving this game so I'd hate to just give up on it and call it quits - anything I should try?

MacBook Pro 13", 2017
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Support
Support

Have you tried any other, similarly demanding games recently? Performance problems getting worse like this could be a sign of hardware problems (possibly a failing or dirty fan causing the GPU to overheat, etc).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus, graphics utilities, etc?

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that makes a difference.
Try enabling, lowering or disabling the Vsync and frame rate cap options.

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there to check.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity : Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store version, or GOG without using Galaxy:

Terminal
bash-3.2$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
bash-3.2$ codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

This takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

stranger
stranger
Awesome, will give all that a go tonight and get back to you, cheers for the help! smile

stranger
stranger
Update:

Started with verifying files, no issues there. Opened the application and was still stuttering, went into options and - as suggested above - lowered my resolution, switched it to fake fullscreen mode and lowered my vsync to none. As soon as I hit apply the issue was instantly fixed, no more stuttering as of yet.

Thanks a bunch mate, really helped me out there and I can get back to enjoying the game! Absolute legend smile

U
stranger
stranger
U
When I try to load a saved game, I get the "server shutting down" notice, and I'm taken back to the main menu. I've investigated, and this seems to be an uncommon problem, not restricted to Mac. I'm running the game natively, not on Steam.

Solutions offered on other forums suggest that there is a Debug Profile created which is causing the problem, but I don't have that in my profile list. My saves are in the in-game save folder, and also appear in the Saves folder in the Library.

I can start a new game just fine, the problem comes when I try to load a save. I've successfully loaded saves in previous sessions, but this problem occurred yesterday and persists today. By the way, clicking on the 'Continue' button doesn't work either.

I'm running the game on a new iMac, OS 10.14.6, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 48. The game makes the fan work hard, but I haven't had any other problems until now. I don't run any other apps while the game is running.

I'll open a ticket with support, but I wondered if anyone had any idea what I could try in the meantime. Thanks in advance.

Support
Support

Can you load your earlier saves, that worked before yesterday? If so, most likely there is a problem with your recent saves. In that case, please reply to the support email with your latest save, as well as the most recent working save and oldest which gives this error.

stranger
stranger
Hello! I have installed Divinity Original Sin 2 from steam but for some reason the game stops while launching and i get black screen and nothing.
I have macos High Sierra version 10.13.6
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)
CPU: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
16 gb 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 МБ

The bug report looks like:
Process: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [589]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Divinity - Original Sin 2
Identifier: com.larian.dos2
Version: 3.6.48.3268 (3.6.48.3268)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [589]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-09-05 18:47:16.702 +0300
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: F4EFE023-AB4E-7AE3-9F53-1E27D543F562

Time Awake Since Boot: 640 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000008c
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x8c:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-0000000101435000 [ 20.2M] r-x/rwx SM=COW 5 [/Users/mac/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Divinity Original Sin 2/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Divinity - Original Sin 2]

Thread 0 Crashed:: MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Do I have any chance to lauch it? :)

Support
Support

Unfortunately, your GPU does not have Metal support, so will not be able to run the game. It may be possible to upgrade the card, or use an eGPU with Metal support.
While SSE and AVX instruction support was added for 2010/2012 CPUs which do not have AVX2 support (with the Steam and GOG releases), officially iMacs (with AMD GPUs) and Mac Pro models are only supported since late 2013.

U
stranger
stranger
U

Can you load your earlier saves, that worked before yesterday? If so, most likely there is a problem with your recent saves. In that case, please reply to the support email with your latest save, as well as the most recent working save and oldest which gives this error.

Apologies for late reply, I've not been able to play until today. No saves will load. As an experiment I started a new story, went through the tutorial deck, did autosaves, a quicksave and a normal save, then quit the game. I immediately relaunched the game, and none of these saves will load either. I get a new error message now, however: it says 'savegame failed, error code [1]'.

[EDIT: I contacted support after my original post, but haven't heard back yet.]

Last edited by ursulahx; 09/09/19 10:50 AM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
Problem solved by uninstalling and reinstalling. Lost my saves, but that's OK. Game works now.

Support
Support

I replied to your support email before I replied in this topic; maybe check your spam folder.
Anyway, I'm glad you got the game working. If you have any of the previous saves you can still email support (though if the problem is something in the save itself, it may not be possible to determine what exactly caused it).

U
stranger
stranger
U
Hi, Raze. I'm very sorry, yes, your email went to spam; I've found it now. The game is working fine, but I'll keep the email you sent for future reference. Thank you for taking so much time to help. I'm afraid I don't have any of the saves from the previous install, have checked the folder you mentioned.

stranger
stranger

The beta version has not been updated since the 2013 fixes were moved to the public release, so it wouldn't help with 2010/2012 systems. It was a public beta, available on Steam and GOG (using Galaxy).

The Windows version does not have this AVX2 issue. It also does not officially support integrated graphics, so there may be texture issues. Of course with the GPU being under the performance of the minimum requirement, a low resolution and graphics settings would likely be needed for acceptable performance.

Hopefully the additional AVX2 fixes will be ready in time for the next game update. That is still in the 'being prepared' stage, but within your definition of short term.

Hi Raze!

I purchased DOS2 through the App Store, and I'm having problems starting DOS2 on my iMac late 2012, below the specifications:

iMac Late 2012
MacOS 0.15.1 (19B88)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core

Looking around on the internet I found my CPU compatible with AVX1 and my graphics card compatible with Metal, so I was hoping it could work, but at startup the application returns the critical error related to AVX2 support.

Do you think there are hopes?

Thanks in advance and good work,

Daniele

Last edited by vometia; 01/12/19 05:59 PM. Reason: formatting
Support
Support

Support for AVX and SSE instruction sets should hopefully be included in the next game update for the App Store release.
While late 2012 iMacs should have metal support, nvidia graphics are not officially supported (it may work, or it may have texture issues or graphical artefacts, etc).

stranger
stranger
I was browsing the forums about the system requirements for Divinity Original Sin 2 but I am not sure about the compatibility of my Mac. As stated on steam the MacBookPros since end 2016 are all compatible, mine is mid-2015. As I understand the problem can be due to the graphics card which is often explained in HD 5000 or Radeon. Mine says Iris 1536… I am sorry to have to ask you directly but as I have no understanding of these technical details and don’t find the answer in the different forums I wanted to check with you if my Mac has the requirements to run the game :

MacOS High Sierra
Version 10.13.6
Processor 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Thank you very much for your help.

Support
Support

It should be able to run the game, at a reasonably resolutions and lower graphics settings. A couple of people reported playing the game on HD 4000 graphics (one said performance was fine, but didn't mention resolution or FPS).
However, there is a known driver issue with Intel Iris graphics (or integrated graphics in general earlier than Haswell), which was fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update. In High Sierra, there would be a red tint to all the in-game graphics, and possibly snow-like artefacts covering the screen.

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I am still having an issue with the AVX2 compatibility, please advise

Here are my specs:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Support
Support

On Steam and GOG there have been updates to add support for 2013 CPUs (AVX) and then 2010/2012 CPUs (SSE). Currently the App Store release only has support for the AVX2 instruction set, but support for older CPUs should be added soon in the next game update (which is currently being finalised for testing).
With Steam and GOG, there will also be additional fixes for 2010/2012 Xeon processors in the next update.

stranger
stranger
Cool looking forward to the MacPro Xeon patch so I can finally play the game on my Mac! any information on when this patch will be released (on Steam)?

Thanks!
Michiel.

Support
Support

This patch has been released on Steam and GOG. Are you getting an AVX2 error on startup, or a crash?

Does your GPU have Metal support? That is required in additional CPU support. Other than systems that can be upgraded, or using an eGPU with Metal support, mid 2012 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air are the earliest Mac models with Metal support; iMac and Mac mini start with late 2012, Mac Pro late 2013, and MacBook early 2015.

With a Metal capable GPU, please reply (or email supportdos2@larian.com) with your system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number, Mac model year (indicating early/mid/late) and model identifier.
Also post/email/PM a crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.

stranger
stranger
Cool! I tried a while ago (I think it was December 2019) and it did not work on my Mac could not find in the recent patch notes any reference to the AVX2 patch (also the store page on steam still says 2013 Mac Pro onwards). But I tried again today and behold! it works!!!! thanks!!! and even better I can just continue were I left from playing the game via Bootcamp under Windows ;-)

Playing the game on max detail with 60 fps (vsync) on my 2010 Mac Pro with a Radeon RX 580 feels good!

Cheers,
Michiel.

Support
Support

The initial update for 2010 CPUs was a while ago, but if you have a Xeon CPU, that was only added in the update a month ago (on Steam and GOG).
Official support remains at late 2013, since earlier MacPro models do not have stock GPUs with Metal support.

stranger
stranger
Hi

I just bought the game on Steam, but it won't launch. I get a popup box with the message, "An error occurred while updating Divinity: Original Sin 2 (unknown error)"

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled it, verified game files, etc. Here are my system specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 64 GB

MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

thanks!

stranger
stranger
I took advice from elsewhere in the forum and started the game app itself outside of Steam. It worked fine. I then quit the game and tried starting from Steam, and all is working now. So that's something to try if you ever see this on Mac.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

Have ~30 hours in to the game and its starting to freeze for ~5-30 seconds every few seconds during battles. If I play through it and finish the battle it stops freezing and I can continue playing until the next battle when it starts freezing again. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I already turned all my settings to the lowest possible level.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019)
1.4 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.3

Thank you.

stranger
stranger
Hey,

I have 51 hours played in divinity 2 and about a week ago or so it just started lagging getting random freezes, especially in battle the freezes get way longer,
before the latest catalina update it even crashed my Mac all the time in battles! after the latest update I just get freezes, strange thing is it worked perfectly before, no lags what so ever,
with very high settings, even now i decreased the settings and the issue is the same.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics (dual graphic cards that switch automatically, non gaming:Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, when divinity is on it should be using Radeon 5300M)

I also noticed the CPU usage is going between 90%-110% outside of battle all the time
the GPU not in battle is saying 35% usage
I also have plenty of space in my HD
while writing this I am also seeing Steam itself going over 100% CPU while out of the game completely?! not sure what it going on there.

*update - I just opened divinity 2 main screen I and i got a spike of 200%± cpu usage... and now back to around 76% only on the main screen.. no game active

Please let me know what can be done to fix this... thanks

Last edited by gulma22; 04/04/20 09:42 AM.
Support
Support

If you check the graphics options in-game, is the Radeon card listed?

Did you try lowering the game resolution, as well, or switching to Windowed display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

In OSX, disable double buffering, if applicable. If that helps, try triple buffering.

Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can try enabling the workarounds there.

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

If performance is fine in a new account, but not after switching back to your current account, disable cloud support, if applicable, either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup. With cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start the game and see if the performance is affected. Create a new profile when prompted, and if the initial performance is ok, try starting a new game to test. If that works, exit and copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ../Savegames/Story folder. If that continues let you play with normal performance, move the rest of the saves over.
If there is no improvement, delete the new Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
Hi,
I just bought Divinity Original Sin 2 and tried to start a new game and in the second menu (History menu) appears like this images.

https://imgur.com/AAYGtSw

I run it in a:

MacBook Pro Retina 13'' (early 2015)

OS - High Sierra 10.13.6

2,9 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

SSD 512 GB

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
If someone can help me, like reducing my Graphic preferences or something like that i appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vometia; 08/04/20 03:02 AM. Reason: linky
Support
Support

This is a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update or later.

stranger
stranger
SO should i install Catalina?

Support
Support

Yes, or Mojave (but I think your system should support Catalina).

stranger
stranger

Yes, or Mojave (but I think your system should support Catalina).

Problem solved, thanks!

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I just downloaded Divinity 2 Original Sin and I am continuing to have graphical errors. There is a white "fuzz" that appears all over the screen. As well the screen becomes almost monochrome in red and black. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Support
Support

Please update or upgrade to Mojave (or Catalina, if possible). The red tint and graphical artifacts are a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update or later.

The screen being very dark is a known issue if HDR is enabled on a system that does not support it. Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can disable HDR again.

If both your GPU and display have HDR support, this may also be an issue with the settings. To calibration HDR:
- Ensure you have Automatic Brightness Adjustments enabled (System Preferences/Display)
- Go to Options->HDR settings
- Start with Max Brightness and Min Contrast
- Press ‘Apply’
- DON’T apply general video settings. Just click close button and Discard the settings; there is a known bug with this
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference (note that there is a known issue with this that can result in the changes not being applied, which should be fixed in a future game update)

stranger
stranger
New purchase on Steam yesterday. I have a 2020 Macback Air and I am suffering from repeated crashes (segmentation fault, stack trace, the works) when loading a save. I thought it might be a corrupted save file as I had some joy last night going back to a previous save but that isn't working this morning.

I have the quad core i5.

Support
Support

If you create a new profile and start a new game, can you save and load properly?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

Try browsing to the ~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems when saving or loading.
For the App Store version (if anyone else has similar problems), the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

If a new game is fine, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

stranger
stranger
Clearing the level cache had no effect I'm afraid. I've emailed the information to the address provided as I've since discovered that any save from the ship works at any time, but any save after the point you reach Fort Joy only works during the session it was created in. Once the game has been loaded, any save from Fort Joy causes a crash.

I will still try the hold-shift-during-boot thing. As for another macOS administrator account, can I access my downloaded Steam stuff from another macOS account or will I need to redownload?

Also, thank you for replying on a Sunday!

Last edited by simonjefford; 26/04/20 09:15 AM.
Support
Support

You should be able to run the game from Steam in a different OSX account without needing to re-install, or you can browse to the install folder in Finder and launch the game with or without Steam running. In Steam, right click the game in the library, select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and click the 'Browse Local Files...' to open Finder at the install folder.

stranger
stranger
Hi, I recently bought a new computer and restored it from my old mac. Unfortunately the game stopped being able to load. I get to the intro screen fine, but loading my saved game eventually crashes the game before it loads, with a segmentation fault 11. I redownloaded from steam, and still no dice. I had bought the game in the last month and had played through a fair amount; I would be sad to stop being able to play! (My old computer is not longer functioning for other reasons).

my details:
Macbook air 13"
MacOS catalina 10.15.3
1.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Support
Support

Can you create a new profile, start a new game (on story difficulty) and save/load? If that works, try skipping through the ship as much as possible to get to Fort Joy, and see if you can save and reload there. If that works, exit, restart and see if you can still reload the Fort Joy save.

Try lowering the resolution and graphics settings, and switching to Windowed display mode, to see if that will make a difference. In particular, try disabling shadows; that avoided a crash reloading Fort Joy saves reported recently on a MacBook Air.

You can try updating to the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta version. There are some driver fixes in the latest beta which might help, and Intel is currently looking in to the crash in the drivers when reloading Fort Joy saves, mentioned above (two people have also reported a crash trying to join or create a multiplayer lobby on a MacBook Air recently, one helped by the beta, who was already playing in windowed mode, and the other who tried the beta first, but still crashed until they disabled shadows and vsync).
Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

If a new save and multiplayer is fine:

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart the Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

If the beta or lowering the settings doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

Also include a crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.

stranger
stranger
Thank you for the response! I got it working with the Catalina beta version. Seems to work for windowed or fullscreen, and with the default graphics settings (didn't lower them).

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I'm having the dark graphics issue on an up-to-date version of Catalina (on a late 2013 iMac with integrated Intel graphics - old machine, but working like a breeze for everything else...)

I had the adark graphics issue, but I read your post too late... I already had applied general video settings...
When I remove again HDR from the options, image is all dark (like posterized), when I activate it again it just totally contrasted and weird (see the 2 images below) and I can't change the HDR settings anymore... Well, I CAN, but the brightness is maxed and contrats is min, so I can't make it better. I suppose it's the known bug you were talking about ?
Problem is that i can't revert it to try what you explain... I tried to uninstall the whole game (even manually removing the pref files) and reinstall it from scratch, but the new installation had kept the HDR settings... it seems those HDR settings are stored elsewhere...

I tried everything I could think of, but I must confess I'm stuck...

Thanks for your help !

Here are 2 screenshots :
https://i.ibb.co/2cwc3pP/Capture-d-cran-2020-05-10-01-08-54.png
https://i.ibb.co/BccPNzZ/Capture-d-cran-2020-05-10-01-11-02.png

Please update or upgrade to Mojave (or Catalina, if possible). The red tint and graphical artifacts are a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update or later.

The screen being very dark is a known issue if HDR is enabled on a system that does not support it. Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can disable HDR again.

If both your GPU and display have HDR support, this may also be an issue with the settings. To calibration HDR:
- Ensure you have Automatic Brightness Adjustments enabled (System Preferences/Display)
- Press ‘Apply’
- DON’T apply general video settings. Just click close button and Discard the settings; there is a known bug with this
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference (note that there is a known issue with this that can result in the changes not being applied, which should be fixed in a future game update)

Support
Support

If you disable HDR, does the gamma adjustment help in the graphics options?

Try browsing to the ~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition folder and delete or rename the graphicSettings.lsx file, to get the game to recreate it the next time it is started (unless that was already included in the files you tried manually removing).
For the App Store version, the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition

stranger
stranger
Thanks for your help, Raze, here is the situation :
Without HDR, the image is totally posterized and dark.
Please find a screenshot below.
[Linked Image]

And with HDR, I'm still having the same issue, even with deleting the graphicssettings file you gave me the path (thanks !)
When I enter the game, I've got the same issue as before :
[Linked Image]

When I go the HDR settings, that's a bit weird : the image gets way more dark, the settings are already Max bright/Min contrast , and when I cancel or accept, the image goes back to "normal" (like in previous screenshot). Here is a screen of the HDR settings :
[Linked Image]

Honestly, I'm close to giving up... already alot of time spent on this and still not working. That's a shame, I really wanted to play along with my kid frown

Support
Support

You may want to try the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta version. It contains some Intel driver updates.
Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

What are your full system specs? You can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder.
With that, I'll check with the Mac programmers.

stranger
stranger
Hello my fellow mac people!

Hello! I’m experiencing a massive trouble with performance playing Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition on my new MacBook Pro 2019 16 i7 2.6/16/512 SSD SG MVVJ2RU/A.
although i think it’s configuration should be well for the game. And at the beginning it was perfect - the game set ULTRA quality as the default. But, right after leaving Fort Joy i can’t spend more than 1 minute in game - than it’s starts showing extremely slow performance and fps, even if i set everything to VERY LOW. Is there any solution for this problem? Or this Macbook 2019 is not too strong for Divinity OS ?
Macbook specs:

Intel Core i7 9750H 2.6 Hgz, 16Гб, 512GB SSD, Radeon Pro 5300M - 4096mb
Catalina 10.15.4

Please, help!

Support
Support

Your GPU exceeds the recommended specs (benchmarks almost 40% faster), so that shouldn't be the problem.

Do you mean you just left the island of Fort Joy, so you are on the Lady Vengeance or Reaper's Coast?

If you load an old save, or create a new profile and start a new game, is the performance back to normal?

Try switching to windowed or fake fullscreen display mode, and/or lower the game resolution, to see if that makes a difference.

In the graphics options, if you have double buffering enabled, disable that, and if that helps try triple buffering.

Try updating to the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta version. Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with the sampler output from the Activity Monitor (or reply/PM/email a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc):
1. verify local files (if you have not already done so; see below)
2. launch Activity Monitor
3. start the game and get into whatever the worst state is for performance
4. Alt-Tab back to Desktop and check Activity Monitor. What do you see? How much CPU does the game consume?
5. double click on the game process and press the 'Sample' button. Wait until Sampler is finished
6. save sample output using 'Save' button

To verify local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'. In Galaxy 2.0, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store release, or GOG without the Galaxy client:

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window (though for the App Store version the default install path is just in /Applications ).
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

stranger
stranger
Bought the game to play with 3 friends, I am the only mac os user player. I can't join their game and they can't join mine. I tried single player, worked fine. Tried to connect in many ways, they creating the lobby and i creating the lobby, direct to the char creation: no sucess. When I start a multiplayer and create a game alone, it works allright. I tried some random games in the multiplayer list, i was able to join once a game, but the unknown host got out a few minutes later, dont know if related to the fact i joined the game.

The graphics and processin seems to works fine, a few bugs here and there, but nothing that make it unplayable. I just cant connect to other players, notably windows players, but never tried with another mac player.

I'm in a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) Intel Iris 1536 MB dualcore i5 - I know it is not the perfect, but since the game itself is workin, i wonder about the connectivivy probleam.

Support
Support

Are you getting an error message?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and anything network related (utility or monitoring programs, etc)?
Have you checked your firewall settings?

Have you tried hosting/joining an Arena match?

Try going into Arena mode, create an arena, open the Connectivity menu and check the settings, then exit to the main menu and try joining in the lobby. Alternately, create a multiplayer game lobby, exit and try joining.

If you are using any mods, try testing in a new profile without any mods enabled.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'. In Galaxy 2.0, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.

For joining in the lobby, does it make a difference if the host increases the online visibility from friends-only to public?
There is also Direct Connection, with a Server ID (which the host can get in the Connectivity Menu after starting a new game or loading a save) or IP address. In the latter case, it can help if the host sets up port forwarding in their router to connect to the PC (ports 23253-23262 and 23243-23252), and then the clients should be able to connect to the external IP address.
LAN may be an option, but since you are not on the same local network, it would require VPN software, such as Hamachi.
If you use Discord, those invites may also be an option.

stranger
stranger
Hello Mac-Users!

Everything has been going very well for me so far, but I have discovered a bit of an issue with Character Portraits when I used the Magic Mirror with an Origin character, despite not changing anything about the appearance. I searched online and found that the issue I experienced seems to have happened to different people, but I am unsure of whether there is an existing solution (sorry for bringing it up in that case).

Here's an example of what I mean:

Before using the Magic Mirror (Lohse): https://i.ibb.co/bBG8FkK/20200519194228-1.jpg

After using the Magic Mirror (Lohse): https://i.ibb.co/88fH67r/20200519194124-1.jpg

As can be seen, Lohse's image is altered and there appears to be a gray shade near the bottom of the portrait.

Here's the details of my Mac:

MacBook Pro Retina 15'' (late 2013)

OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6

Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I've taken Ifan and The Red Prince through the Magic Mirror as well in the past, so their portraits have also been slightly altered even though I changed no part of their appearances. It would be great to know if there is a solution to fix this sort of issue with these portraits.
Thanks!

Support
Support

Portraits are always regenerated when using the respec mirror (if you confirm rather than cancel). Try increasing the game resolution and graphics settings as much as possible (performance isn't really an issue, as long as the game will respond to input), use the respec mirror again and see if that helps with the quality of the portrait, then restore the original settings.
The level for character creation is different than the respec mirror, so I think the lighting would be slightly different, as well.

stranger
stranger

Portraits are always regenerated when using the respec mirror (if you confirm rather than cancel). Try increasing the game resolution and graphics settings as much as possible (performance isn't really an issue, as long as the game will respond to input), use the respec mirror again and see if that helps with the quality of the portrait, then restore the original settings.
The level for character creation is different than the respec mirror, so I think the lighting would be slightly different, as well.

Ah, so there is currently no way to maintain the special Origin portraits while only changing attributes and other characteristics?
Also, the change does happen even after hitting Cancel without changing anything.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the portrait regeneration, or reset the portraits.
I just double checked in a new game, and don't see a change in the portrait when clicking on cancel; maybe it's too subtle at the resolution and graphics settings I'm using, but clicking accept does change the portrait, with slight differences in Lohse's hair, and the neck and shoulder area reflecting the starting equipment rather than that shown in character creation.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I purchased the game 3 days ago on the App Store and I have the exact same problem : any save from the ship works at any time, but any save after the point you reach Fort Joy only works during the session it was created in.
Once the game has been loaded, any save from Fort Joy causes a crash.
I also discovered that if I try to save Swan on the ship before the cut scene, the game crashes when loading Fort Joy whereas if I let her to her fate and try to escape with the boat, the Fort Joy zone will correctly loads (yes it’s weird).

I have a brand new MacBook Pro and I installed the beta version of Catalina (10.15.5 ). I did try also a lot of things you suggested in this thread (clear the cash, window mode, etc...) but so far nothing worked.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.

Support
Support

Try disabling shadows in the graphics options. This is a known issue (except for trying to save Swan), predominantly on MacBook Air systems, which should be fixed in the next update, currently being finalised for testing.
A handful of people have reported this issue recently (the same crash has also been triggered in a couple of cases with a late game act transition, or when trying to join a multiplayer game or create a lobby). Incidentally, the first to report a crash when loading saves reported that if they started a new game and skipped through the ship section to get to Fort Joy, they could save and load any Fort Joy saves, including those from previous sessions, until they quit the game again. Another said that after loading, shadows could be enabled again (though that wouldn't be practical if you frequently reload to try different dialogue options or quest solutions, etc).

stranger
stranger
I am having some problems with a new macbook pro 2020 model (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB).

Have moved my savegame from a macbook pro 2018 where everything worked great, now I a combination of way too dark monitor (gamma error which carries on over to finder level when I quit the game) AND the game crashes after choosing CONTINUE to finish on my savegame. Have tried making a new user on the mac, which corrects the gamma error, but still crashes the game when opening my savegame.

Have tried lots of different things to make the gamegraphics not screw up the gamma settings, but to no avail. (turning on and off HDR settings.. changing graphics etc). Tried to rename graphics settings file.. etcetc.

The savegame works great on my old macbook and to create a new game works.

Really happy if I get some help.

(this is the App Store version of the game)

Support
Support

Try disabling shadows in the graphics options. The issue reloading saves may be the same problem as the last post above. In that case, this should be fixed in the next game update (currently being finalised for testing).

In your current user account, if you create a new profile in-game, are the graphics still too dark?

If necessary, hold Cmd on startup to open the configuration menu to disable iCloud saves.
Next, try browsing to the '/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different OSX user account would effectively do the same thing. With cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.

After that, try starting the game again and see if that fixes the problem with the gamma setting. If so, create a new profile when prompted and exit, then move the saves over from the renamed folder to the new profile's '/Savegames/Story' folder.

If the gamma is still stuck, delete the new D:OS 2 DE folder and extract the replacement folder from this download into your '/Documents/Larian Studios' folder.
The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this lets you change the gamma.
If that helps, create a new profile, exit and copy your saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ../Savegames/Story folder.

If that doesn't help, either, delete the replacement Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
Replacing the folder with the link you supported fixed the graphics issue. Thanks alot Raze! The game starts fine without my savegame but crashes with my old savegame. Hope this will be fixed in the next version.

A easy question. Could I tick the icloud option and play on my old mac, and then continue on my new mac as long as that computer also have the icloud option active?

Thanks for all the help.

Support
Support

Yes, you should be able to sync saves from the old Mac to the new one (and back) by enabling cloud support on each. Copying the save folders over via the local network or a USB flash drive, etc, should also work (most usefully for a one time migration, rather than continuing to play on both systems).

If disabling shadows or lowering the graphics settings didn't help, that may not have been the issue with the saves.

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a crash report, or reply/PM with a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc. These are collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'; alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.

Also include your latest save, and if older saves can be loaded, the most recent save that works and oldest that crashes. If you are using any non-Larian mods, include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.

stranger
stranger
Hello there, i have a problem, i've bought some days ago Divinity in Steam, and while gaming when a barrel with oil or pioson explodes my screen freezes, game procces continues, mouse works but screen has pic of explosion, i tried window mod and fullscreen but it did not help, can anybody adwice me, or i'll have to request a refund from steam ;(

Mac mini 2014
eGPU akitio with msi rx 580. Set perfecrly no problem in others apps, game runs nice, no framedrops or lugs, only this huge problem

Support
Support

If you Alt-Tab out of the game and back, or save/reload, does that get the game screen to update?

When you tried windowed display mode, did you also try dropping the resolution and graphics settings?

If you start the game on the internal graphics, do you have the same problem?

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a save when this happens (or reply/PM with a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), as well as the rest of your system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OSX version number and model identifier. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
In Finder you can zip a folder by right clicking and selecting compress.

Also include the sampler output from the Activity Monitor:
1. verify local files (right click on the game in the Steam library and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button).
2. launch Activity Monitor
3. start the game and trigger the largest explosion that is handy
4. Alt-Tab back to Desktop (windowed display mode may help) and check Activity Monitor. What do you see? How much CPU does the game consume?
5. double click on the game process and press the 'Sample' button. Wait until Sampler is finished
6. save sample output using 'Save' button

stranger
stranger
Thanks you for advices, but nothing helped, will have to make a refund(

stranger
stranger
Turning off the shadows worked. Doesn't crash on startup. Raze, you are great.

Update: As soon as a change a bit of the graphics, the game hangs and goes into dark mode and this propagates to finder level.

Last edited by AndersH; 25/05/20 07:02 PM. Reason: found new info.
Support
Support

Rafael_ZuB;
You cab also try updating to the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta. It will have the latest driver updates (I know there are fixes in the Intel drivers, at least), etc.

AndersH;
Are there particular changes that trigger the problem again?
You can at least change the resolution and display mode by editing a configuration file, which may avoid that problem.

Edit the graphicSettings.lsx file (in the /Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder) in a text editor to manually change resolution and display mode.

To change the resolution, search for 'ScreenHeight', and edit the resolution in the value="xxxx" terms (shown below for 2560x1600 resolution):

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenHeight" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1600" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenWidth" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="2560" type="4" />
</node>

Search for 'fake' near the start of the file to set the display mode. Edit the number in value="0" or value="1" in the second line after FakeFullscreenEnabled and / or Fullscreen; if both FakeFullscreen and Fullscreen are set to zero, it will be in Window mode).

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="FakeFullscreenEnabled" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="0" type="4" />
</node>

(and a couple entries lower)

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="Fullscreen" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1" type="4" />
</node>

stranger
stranger
Thanks Raze. Will look into it.

stranger
stranger
I had this exact same problem. It was bizarre and the only workaround I found was:

1) Start a new game and make a manual save right before getting on the lifeboat (skip all of the rescue options)
2) Let the cutscene load into Fort Joy (this worked for me when I didn't try to save anyone else)
3) Once you're already in Fort Joy, THEN load your actual save and it should work.

The good news is, it got me through Fort Joy with minor annoyance and the next area seemed to work fine for Act 2. The bad news is, the area for Act 3 is now doing the same thing, so...

stranger
stranger
Hey folks,

I'm running on an old but decent enough iMac 5K. Whole game has been pretty much fine, as long as I close background apps before running the game.

Am on the very final fight in the game...
and when Braccus decides he should call in the God King, the screen goes black... there's some black/white rapid flashing and then the game effectively crashes.

It's actually running SUPER slow - if I wait about 10 minutes I can see stuff start to appear/happen the next stage of the conversation triggers but it's unplayable. I have to force quit (which takes a while) to avoid having to reboot my mac.

Help?

Support
Support

If you can kill that opponent quickly enough, it will bypass the second part of the fight (Rain + Thunderstorm, etc).

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.

With the App Store version (or GOG without using Galaxy):

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window (though for the App Store version the default install path is just in /Applications ).
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save there (or email/post/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
For the App Store version, the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story

stranger
stranger
Hey Raze,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. I managed to solve it by just turning my graphics way down from Ultra to Medium and play the game in Windowed mode instead.

That seems to get me past that transition (after playing the whole game in Full screen / Ultra).

Just posting to say thanks and in case this helps someone else smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Too Dark to do anything in the tutorial even with gama max and brightns max and HDR on or off even windowed not a big help stil too dark if o need to start over from scratch do I need to uninstall athen reinstall? looks nothing like images in Apple App store. Is this mac too old to run this game?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.15.7 (19H2)
Kernel Version: Darwin 19.6.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

Support
Support

Your iMac is supported (for Steam/GOG, late 2013, with AMD GPUs, is also supported).

How is the background in the main menu? Is that also very dark?

Double check that HDR is disabled: hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu, if it is not coming up automatically (which should be the case, with an option to turn off).

From a quick search it looks like the Radeon R9 M290X does have some HDR support, though, so as long you are also outputting to a display that has HDR support, this may be an issue with the settings. To calibration HDR, if you have not already done so:
- Press ‘Apply’
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference

Try creating a new user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, from the app container (in /Applications).

Try doing a clean boot and test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

M
stranger
stranger
M

ow is the background in the main menu? Is that also very dark?

no the menu screens that form a band down the middel of the game window from setup are fine I tried it with the HDR on in your setup as it selected it as the default I tried full screen and Windowed with no major change I was tring with firstt HDR set to max gama in your setup then with it off and brightness and contrast at max

Double check that HDR is disabled: hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu, if it is not coming up automatically (which should be the case, with an option to turn off).

From a quick search it looks like the Radeon R9 M290X does have some HDR support, though, so as long you are also outputting to a display that has HDR support, this may be an issue with the settings.

The version of the game I have is via the Apple App Store
Version 3.6.69.4648

The Basic HDR resolutions as well as the defauls from the display
2560X1440 is the default
I normaly run at 2048x1142 but 1600x900 is anothe basic selectio
2860X1620 and 3200X1800 going in the other direction but text is to hart to read up there so 2048X1142 is my normal
Higher res is posable i understand by messing about in the terminal comands but I dont do that sort of thing much any more
the actual specs are
AMD Radeon R9 M295X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M295X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6938
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C773AA-731
VBIOS Version: 113-C773A1-014
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.731
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina
Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: Internal

I will give this instrustion a try at 2048x1142 thanks
and report back

To calibration HDR, if you have not already done so:
- Press ‘Apply’
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference

Try creating a new user account, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, from the app container (in /Applications).

Try doing a clean boot and test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Mustrum99
the menu screens that form a band down the middel of the game window from setup are fine

There should be a scene in the background of the main menu, showing a statue on the left with fire in a couple braziers, and in the middle a castle in the distance (starting an arena match or GM mode session will change to different scenes, and starting a new story campaign will change it back).

M
stranger
stranger
M
yep, they are still rather too dark contrasty with brightness max and contrast min but I can now play the game and it looks nothing like the sample screens in the Mac App store for the game.

Playable but not yet a good experience. perhaps the next version of mac os 10.16.x will help when it releases but I don't run beta os on this mac.

the Cinematics are fine

Last edited by Mustrum99; 27/09/20 07:03 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi everyone,

I just bought this game today on GOG and can't get it to work on my MacBook Pro 2019. I've downloaded and installed several times, but the game launches, my screen turns black and then it immediately crashes.

These are my specs:
2,3 GHz 8‑Core Intel Core i9 Prozessor der 9. Generation (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,8 GHz)
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M mit 8 GB GDDR6 Grafikspeicher
16 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 Arbeitsspeicher
1 TB SSD Speicher
16" Retina Display mit True Tone
Vier Thunderbolt 3 Anschlüsse
Touch Bar und Touch ID

This is the error I'm getting:
Process: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [2652]
Path: /Applications/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Divinity - Original Sin 2
Identifier: com.larian.dos2
Version: 3.6.69.4648 (3.6.69.4648)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Divinity - Original Sin 2 [2652]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-09-27 22:37:30.272 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 4.6 (17P6610)
Anonymous UUID: 5FCEC1D7-633F-E0B5-22E3-7FBEBA0C5EFC

Time Awake Since Boot: 5100 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 45 GameThread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000232534d90
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [2652]

Any tips?

Support
Support

Mustrum99;
Did you try resetting the gamma, as well?

Post or email supportdos2@larian.com with a screenshot in the main menu or Fort Joy and I can check if the Mac programmers have any other suggestions.

Valgrind517;

Try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and delete the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different OSX user account would effectively do the same thing. Normally I would suggest renaming the folder for troubleshooting purposes, but if you don't have any saved games that isn't an issue.
After that, extract the replacement folder from this download into your '/Documents/Larian Studios' folder, and see if that will let you start the game.

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this helps.

If that doesn't help, please reply (or PM / email supportdos2@larian.com ) with your full system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number, Mac model name and year (indicating early/mid/late) and model identifier.
Also include the full crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.
You can use spoiler tags to post/PM, so there isn't a wall of text by default.
Code
[spoiler]text to hide[/spoiler]

stranger
stranger
@Raze

thanks for the quick response.

I created a test user on my MacBook and installed the game there and now it launches both in the new user and my main one. I'll report back if something arises, but this seems to have cleared that issue!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Post or email supportdos2@larian.com with a screenshot in the main menu or Fort Joy and I can check if the Mac programmers have any other suggestions.
OK I have done that as well as a crash on launch debugger report Thank you

can the Mac version obtained run mods and if so how do I install an essentalpets mod I got from Nexiss?

Support
Support

For the App Store, you should be able to copy/extract the pak file for Steam/Nexus mods to the folder:
/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/Mods

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thank you fro providing the path for the file.

I expect tha i come accross as strange careing about a cat made out of pixels but I am just another hapless cat servent at the end of the day

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello,
I've read through this post and it is unclear whether the current version actually support the Mac Pro 2010 (5,1).
I have a Mac Pro 4,1 flashed to 5,1, an AMD RX580, 16gb of RAM, and high sierra. the game crashes at start. please advise, thank you

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi: I'm running on a 2014 macbook pro, 16GB Ram, Intel Iris Pro 1536 integrated graphics card. Will BG3 run on my system?

P
stranger
stranger
P
Greetings everyone!

First of all let me express my gratitude. This game is a gem under lockdown when all I have is my Mac. So I just wanted ask if what I experience is normal or there is something I could do to boost my performance. I feel like it should/could be better as I'm running it in 1440x900 on Medium settings and I still get a lot of stutter and fps drops, I can only get smooth 60fps in dungeons and in the overworld it honestly hurts to rotate the camera.

My specs are:
2020 MBP 13"
2.0GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5 processor with Intel Iris Plus Graphics
Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
16GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

I am guessing the graphics card makes it perform bad but is it possible that it affects performance this heavily? Excuse me, I'm not well versed in these kind of thecnical things.

I would be very grateful to any help or insight to my problem. Thank you!

P
stranger
stranger
P
I am very disappointed. I have a Nintendo switch and several Macs, one of which is a 2010 MacPro 5,1, which is installed with a GTX 1070/8G graphics card and X5690 cpu, and two M.2 SSDs, and one An additional graphics card, its performance is good, and the operating system is macOS 10.13.
Just now I was hesitating to buy the Nintendo switch version or the steam version, and finally I decided to buy the steam store version, but I did not expect to lose the bet!
I didn’t even notice that steam has a small description, indicating that the highly acclaimed game of this game does not support Nvidia graphics cards. Although I don’t like Nvidia, I never thought of a game that does not support modern Nvidia cards. Obviously, I was wrong.
So I am very disappointed, how I hope the time can go back to an hour ago, I will decide to buy the switch version!!!
Is there any magic that can eliminate my current disappointment and annoyance? Because I don't want to use MBP 16 i9 to play this game.

frown frown frown frown frown frown

Last edited by porkjackson; 01/02/21 02:25 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
I'm in the vault of braccus rex with some friends but it's so glitched out after being in combat. I can see blue/red highlights that would usually be around characters but when i rotate the screen with middle mouse the highlights move around separately from the characters, like there's another layer of interface. It's unplayable until i restart the game but then after being in combat for a couple of mins i get the mac os loading spinner then the games freezes and glitches out. frown

stranger
stranger
I would love to know how to use HDR correctly on iMac 27" 5K (HDR capable) running on Big Sur 11.6. If enable HDR it is too dark and gamma correction doesn't effect the brightness. What can I do to get the correct settings?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard