Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Enemy units start to idle if they are out of line of sight. Just teleport someone from high ground to a far away location. He will simply stop moving and ignore the fight till it ends. Also if you start shooting at someone out of line of sight enemy will not fight back sometimes and just die without combat ever starting. This is not 100% trigger happens here and there tbh.

This bug is the same as the bug described in the following posts and I think are the same
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=651729#Post651729

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=651691#Post651691

Last edited by vometia; 05/02/19 07:21 AM. Reason: links
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
At first, I thought it was a one time glitch because I tend to stay pretty close in combats. It has started to happen recently so I suspect it started with the recent patch 3.6.35.8270.

veteran
veteran
I crawl a lot of forums, and it's a recurring theme across multiple topics all over. So without a doubt some bug introduced with the recent patch.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
At the same time the "Enemy units refusing to move" happened, I noticed something else with movement. Characters no longer move if they are deselected. This effects both main character and henchmen. The deselection can be either from deselecting the character(s) or by selecting a separate character or group of characters. This can seriously slow down prepositioning of characters before a fight. It also slows down multitasking in the game. That is, one character may be sent off to collect a quest while the rest of the group heads toward another quest.

As per the enemy not moving, this seems to have started recently and may be from patch 3.6.35.8270. I checked the change log "https://steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1745610673861677748" and did not see anything that would indicate this change was made intentionally. No idea whether the two issues are related. However, as both are related to movement, it is possible.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
+++

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
The Composer, reoccurring bugs isn't uncommon in video games. This can happen several different ways. Quite a bit of time can go by while a game is working fine and has no problems with a particular bug, only to have it reappear the exact same way.

One way is program collection. Programs are typically tested is separate pieces to speed testing. Then someone compiles everything together into one package. (For the record, I have done this exact job before in a tech company.) However, if someone is using the incorrect version of a chunk of code being tested, it will test fine for them and it gets wrapped up in the entire program. When I did put the composite together, I only had a couple people feeding me code, so it was easy to figure out when something like this happened. With larger code pieces this requires more people and would be a pain to track down.

Another way bugs reoccur in games is that the bug doesn't actually get a fix, but gets a work around. When the code gets updated in the future, more code is added that circumvents the work around and you see the bug again.

Miscommunication can arise as people move on to different jobs within a company. If the new person working with the code believes that the wrong version of code is working and the correct version is bugged, a bug returns.

I'm certain there are many more relatively simple ways that cause bugs to reoccur. As such, the time when current instance of the bug is noticed is quite relevant as you can go quiet a while with everything working fine before the bug occurs again.

veteran
veteran
I think you misunderstood me. I meant to imply that the observed issue with enemy idling has been a reoccuring toping across multiple forum posts on various sites.

Either way, there seems to be a fix out now that may hopefully put the idle enemies bug to rest.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Fair enough.
There don't appear to be any posts from before the most recent patch. That would point to the issue being caused by the most recent patch.
Time to put current run on hold. frown

veteran
veteran
The patch they pushed yesterday (?) claims to have fixed it, or at the very least midigated it. Have you tried since then?

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
It looks like the mobs not moving bug is fixed.

The characters stopping movement on deselection still exists.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard