Next Thread
Print Thread
#651899 13/02/19 09:02 PM
GUWOP Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
SPOILER WARNING

So me and my friend are doing a playthrough of Dvinity: Original Sin EE, and we noticed(too late, way too many saves too late) that we had bugged out the story. During the quest "The initiation" we somehow managed to get to the dungeon very early, I think, and at the end of it, after interacting with the blood stone and getting rid of the rot, we went towards Loic. First time we interacted he, of course, ran away, and came back with friends 3 levels higher than us.
Therefor we quicksaved, and instead of talking with him, we attacked him hoping to get the upper hand. Which we did, but Loic didn't get his friends this time, but after killing him we could still get out, and we got the necklace etc. and we could move on with the story, but it wasn't until about 9 hours later we noticed that in the Journal we were still on the part of "The initiation" that says "we discovered a star stone, which seems to have cured us of Rot". We haven't been able to advance the story from here.

Is there anything I can do to a game file to edit it so it completes the quest, or did we miss something we had to do?

We are both at a loss. We don't want to start all over... It took quite many hours to get here, and we don't have that much time to play.

Support
Support

Did you unlock the door to the right (that he would run through to get help) after defeating him? When you enter there, there should be some exploration experience, but I don't know if there is another journal update if you kill him without starting the dialogue with him.

You should have gotten the key to the hatch in the chapel, or it is possible to lockpick it.

GUWOP Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
We got the key to the hatch, and the door is open, and we continued onwards, but the Journal didn't update smirk

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard