Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#651950 16/02/19 02:22 AM
somguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've been trying to google/troubleshoot a fix, but haven't found an answer yet so now I ask.

I'm playing with a intel i7-5820k processor, geforce 980 ti video card. At random intervals while Divinity: Original Sin (on both classic and EE) is loaded (happens in menu or during game play) my computer will lock up and freeze both my monitors to a flat color (for some reason the monitors will have different colors, but both be effectively blank slates). Sometimes I can keep talking on Discord while this happens for a while, and sometimes it will start making a buzzing noise that gets quieter/louder periodically. This happens on both windows 10 and Linux Mint (same computer).

I have tried repairing, reinstalling (on SSD and RAID drives), graphics changes from full-screen to windowed/fake, turning down my graphics to minimum settings, turning v-sync off, different drivers for my video card (on Linux tried both Noveau and proprietary drivers). Even swapped out my motherboard (for unrelated reasons), but the problem has persisted.

Currently my work around is to use an entirely different computer, but I would like to use my primary computer to play - so if anyone can provide some insight/help I would very much appreciate it! Preferably I would like to avoid using a VM because I play with a friend over Discord.

somguy #652082 02/03/19 07:01 PM
somguy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Resolved:
This seems to have been an early indication of a deteriorating video card. The problem finally showed up outside of D OS, and was resolved when the video card was replaced.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard