Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
journeyman
journeyman
@Yor. Not to derail the actual purpose of your posts or the dedicated purpose of the thread, but I just ditched EyeTV for Channels on AppleTV and I use my old ETV MacMini as the Channels DVR server (I have two HDHomeruns). The whole recent TVGuide issue was the last straw.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming/

Joe

S
stranger
stranger
S
@Raze, Beta game not OSX beta. I'll try with OSX Beta.

stranger
stranger
Yeah I'm having an issue where the game quits after about 5 seconds after going full screen, and I tried the mac beta for the game and all the graphics have a red hue. Is my Mac too old or not equipped for this game?
MacOS Mojave version 10.14.3
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i54 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

stranger
stranger
Hi, sorry I'm sure I could probably find the answer to this question if I was more tech-savvy but looking at the system requirements doesn't really help me that much because I don't know what processors and graphics card are = or > others.

I bought the game and had the red tint and snow problem, making it unplayable (the whole screen would eventually turn into a field of eye-gouging white squiggles)

After tinkering with the settings quite a bit, disabling the HDR thing and joining the beta I was able to get it to a state which I could at least complete the tutorial but everything was still red and squiggles abound, so It's not playable for me in its current state.

I don't know if this is because my computer's not good enough run the game (was expecting to have to play with low-to-medium graphics anyway) or if this is a problem that'll be fixed. Would be grateful if you could tell me.

My system specs:

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

and if this is relevant:

Thanks!

Support
Support

Jacknballs
The CPU fixes in the beta will be moved to the main release in a game update soon. Your MacBook is not officially supported, but may be able to run the game.

The red tint should be fixed with the latest OSX beta; I don't think there is an ETA yet for the public release of the 10.14.4 update.
The minimum requirement for integrated graphics is the HD 5000. A couple of people have mentioned using the HD 4000 when reporting the red tint issue, but so far I have not seen any reports on performance, or conformation that the fixes work for that GPU.

Joshbuckler
This is a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update (including the current beta 2); some Iris issues may only be fixed with the 10.14.5 update, but the red tint and static should be fixed with the current beta.
If you wish to try the latest OSX update, Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas.
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

For details, see the guide below, for example:
https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/install-macos-mojave-public-beta/

stranger
stranger
Hello there!

I've been looking forward to playing the game on my Mac, but unfortunately I'm reading that NVIDIA cards aren't supported and that problems could arise if you play the game with an NVIDIA card, so I wanted to know if anyone has installed the game on a Mac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and if they encountered any problems? Is it advisable to try it out?

Here are my system specs:

iMac 27-inch, late 2013
macOS Mojave 10.14.3
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

Last edited by Sermon; 15/02/19 03:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I can't give you an official answer, but I had an NVidia 1050Ti that ran it fine on a lower resolution setting of 1280x720 (I think that's it, I can't recall exactly). At 1920x1080 (or whatever that actually is) I had a good bit of video stuttering in dark locations such as indoors and in caves. Outdoor "daylight" was fine. Switching to the lower res everything ran fine. I did change out my egpu to an AMD Pulse RX570 and everything is flawless.

I would try it.

I still think the NVidia Gameworks splash screen is ironically funny.

Joe

stranger
stranger
Thanks for the heads up. I'll still wait a little longer - maybe I'll get an official reply after all. I'll give it a try if I don't get a definite "Don't do it, because it won't work" within the next few days.

Y
Yor Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by jfutral
@Yor. Not to derail the actual purpose of your posts or the dedicated purpose of the thread, but I just ditched EyeTV for Channels on AppleTV and I use my old ETV MacMini as the Channels DVR server (I have two HDHomeruns). The whole recent TVGuide issue was the last straw.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming/

Joe

Thanks for the tip!

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by Sermon
Hello there!

I've been looking forward to playing the game on my Mac, but unfortunately I'm reading that NVIDIA cards aren't supported and that problems could arise if you play the game with an NVIDIA card, so I wanted to know if anyone has installed the game on a Mac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and if they encountered any problems? Is it advisable to try it out?

Here are my system specs:

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

First post contains answers and they are not really cool for you, sad to say. NVIDIA is not officially supported and won't be until Nvidia releases eGPU for Mac (we don't have any knowledge about that but you never know...). We ourselves don't even count the number of issues with Nvidia cards but if anything changes we will be the first to call out to their Metal team with bugs.

So - as of today. NV is not supported and there are no plans to do it.

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by jfutral

I still think the NVidia Gameworks splash screen is ironically funny.

Joe

Game uses Nvidia PhysX and Cloth.

journeyman
journeyman
I know. You've said that before. It is still funny.

Joe

apprentice
apprentice
I signed up for the Apple Beta program and ran the enrollment app for my machine a few days ago, but 10.14.4 never shows up as an option, it just keeps telling me that Mojave is up to date at 10.14.3. Does anybody know any other way of getting the Intel updates? I didn't see anything useful on their site. Ironically, I was able to play the game using Bootcamp and Windows before without the red hue etc.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212
Mostly I make music: https://www.sjatr.com

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
This strange happenings with latest beta is true even for us. I can’t get any info about its whereabouts. My sources tell me to wait till 14.4 b3 which apparently is very near. But they also don’t know what is the issue with b2

stranger
stranger
[quote=Stauff1138]
First post contains answers and they are not really cool for you, sad to say. NVIDIA is not officially supported and won't be until Nvidia releases eGPU for Mac (we don't have any knowledge about that but you never know...). We ourselves don't even count the number of issues with Nvidia cards but if anything changes we will be the first to call out to their Metal team with bugs.

So - as of today. NV is not supported and there are no plans to do it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply! While it's certainly not good news for me, I appreciate the quick response and the info! I might still give it a try and see how far it gets me... again, thanks for the info! It's much appreciated!

Last edited by Sermon; 16/02/19 10:38 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 b3 this morning and the game now appears to work without the red tint. There is still a bit of a flicker, kind of like a lightning flash every now and then, but the game is at least playable with the correct colours.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
stranger
stranger
How did you manage to get Mojave 10.14.4 b3? My Mac (enrolled in beta program) is still telling me that Mojave is up to date at 10.14.3.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm not sure the reason the Mojave beta finally appeared, it mysteriously just finally appeared once when I clicked on Software Update. I wish I could tell you what triggered it.

stranger
stranger
I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 b3, and there is less of a red tint than before, but I still do not see the correct colors. The graphics look similar to how they did with the red tint, but are brown and black now. Not playable, as I can't see things well enough. How disappointing! I know my Macbook is not officially supported, but I did hope that it would be playable.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
Mojave 10.14.4 Beta
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Edited to add:
Is there a way I can download the latest DOS2 beta from GOG without using GOG Galaxy? I can't use Galaxy because it crashes. The version of the game I am using is listed as "Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition 3.6.36.3440 (GOG-3)"

Last edited by tamagotchi; 20/02/19 02:13 AM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
We're receiving confirmations that red tint issue is gone for users of Intel Iris. (With b3 of course).
If like previous poster you have issue please step up now, I am creating separate thread for this.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 20/02/19 05:49 PM.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard