Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi,

Thanks for reporting. I was trying to send you a patched version for you to test, but the email you supplied does not work :o.

If you are still interested in trying the patched version, here is the link to download it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArdKO5IJqtSdgdBZuBrpQ00IKh4amQ

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Aminoacow
Hi,

Thanks for reporting. I was trying to send you a patched version for you to test, but the email you supplied does not work :o.

If you are still interested in trying the patched version, here is the link to download it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArdKO5IJqtSdgdBZuBrpQ00IKh4amQ

hey ty for your help and time i will check it

Last edited by ffffffffffffk; 16/05/18 02:41 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
nop now when i click load stop working and its closes

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the editor. It works fine for me in a win7 VM to edit the Linux port savegames.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Hi,

Is there anyway to modify an existing item to switch it to another?

i.e. if i want to change an ordinary "empty bottle" to a "tormented soul"?

Kind regards

S
stranger
stranger
S
How do I even run the program?
Everytime I try it just wants to open it in Visual Studio, an I just can't get it to work.

stranger
stranger
I just registered to the forums to be able to thank you for this wonderful editor. I am on my second playthough and thought I screwed up not having a certain trait and not having any opportunity left to change traits the regular way. So thank you very much, you saved my weekend. :)

stranger
stranger
Hi guys,

I have recently bought Divinity Original Sin on Steam for Mac and would like to add/remove ability points without paying in gold. I have no skill in developing and was wondering after searching for cheat codes if any trainer or Cheat Engine table were available for Mac. I tried Cheat Engine tables for PC but without success and when searching for a value to change (e.g. ability points) nothing happens in-game...

Thank you for reading.

stranger
stranger
Aminoacow -

Thanks for doing this. It worked great for me. I just wanted to mod my characters' build without restarting from scratch, and your tool worked great.

Much appreciated!

stranger
stranger
Hi @Ganesha303

I hope you can help me out. Seems like the creator of this editor is no longer working on this.
Im just trying this now and I am getting an error. What version are you playing with and what version of the editor are you using?

Thanks!

<code>
Internal error!

System.ArgumentException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character.
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteAttributeTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
at System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriterIndent.WriteString(String text)
at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)
at LSLib.LS.LSXWriter.WriteNode(Node node)
at LSLib.LS.LSXWriter.WriteRegions(Resource rsrc)
at LSLib.LS.LSXWriter.Write(Resource rsrc)
at LSLib.LS.ResourceUtils.SaveResource(Resource resource, String outputPath, ResourceFormat format, FileVersion version)
at D_OS_Save_Editor.Savegame.<UnpackSavegameAsync>d__33.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at D_OS_Save_Editor.MainWindow.<UnpackSaveAsync>d__14.MoveNext()

v1.6.0
<code>

stranger
stranger
Does this still work? I can't load a savegame.Folder is empty. When i navigate there via explorer i can see the .lsv file.

Support
Support

Yes, it should still work.
At the top of the program window, browse to the folder 'C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch', and you should get a list of available saves on the left. Selecting a save from the list will show the screenshot preview, as well as save info, and you should them be able to load it (button in the bottom right).

U
stranger
stranger
U
Is there a way to use this editor to recover/create lost quest items? I somehow lost the Reveal spell.

Using another save editor that I can only get to work on extracting my save and not repackaging (even if I do not change any values), I did manage to find its record in a much older save:

<node id="Item">
<attribute id="Translate" value="230.667 20.9093 117.487" type="12" />
<attribute id="Flags" value="295896" type="5" />
<attribute id="Level" value="" type="22" />
<attribute id="Rotate" value=" 0.92 -0.03 0.40 &#xD;&#xA;-0.02 0.99 0.12 &#xD;&#xA;-0.40 -0.11 0.91 &#xD;&#xA;" type="15" />
<attribute id="Scale" value="1" type="6" />
<attribute id="Global" value="True" type="19" />
<attribute id="Velocity" value="0 0 0" type="12" />
<attribute id="GoldValueOverwrite" value="-1" type="4" />
<attribute id="UnsoldGenerated" value="False" type="19" />
<attribute id="IsKey" value="False" type="19" />
<attribute id="TreasureGenerated" value="False" type="19" />
<attribute id="CurrentTemplate" value="f5f1b0b9-6059-49ef-894b-3585404dcf85" type="22" />
<attribute id="CurrentTemplateType" value="1" type="1" />
<attribute id="OriginalTemplate" value="f5f1b0b9-6059-49ef-894b-3585404dcf85" type="22" />
<attribute id="OriginalTemplateType" value="1" type="1" />
<attribute id="Stats" value="Quest_CYS_Evelyns_Reveal_Spell" type="22" />
<attribute id="IsGenerated" value="False" type="19" />
<attribute id="Inventory" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Parent" value="335610250" type="5" />
<attribute id="Slot" value="58" type="3" />
<attribute id="Amount" value="1" type="4" />
<attribute id="Key" value="" type="22" />
<attribute id="LockLevel" value="1" type="4" />
<attribute id="SurfaceCheckTimer" value="0" type="6" />
<attribute id="Vitality" value="-1" type="4" />
<attribute id="LifeTime" value="0" type="6" />
<attribute id="owner" value="67174790" type="5" />
<attribute id="ItemType" value="Common" type="22" />
<attribute id="MaxVitalityPatchCheck" value="-1" type="4" />
<children>
<node id="ItemMachine">
<attribute id="Type" value="6" type="4" />
<children>
<node id="ItemState">
<attribute id="TransactionID" value="10299" type="5" />
</node>
</children>
</node>
<node id="VariableManager" />
<node id="StatusManager" />
</children>
</node>

Support
Support

I don't know if this editor can replace the Reveal scroll; the editor for the Classic release could not (it could add a copy, but it wouldn't work to reveal the entrance).

Did you check the homestead chests, etc? There is a pouch container that has the same icon as a pouch of bonedust or moondust.

Did you check older saves, if available, until you found the most recent one with the spell, and oldest without? Knowing when it went missing could help determine what happened to it (dropped when organizing inventory, etc).

If there are a limited number of places where you may have been sorting your inventory, checking there with the Alt key pressed could help find it (or with Show World Tooltips toggled on using a controller).

If you can not find the scroll, please email supportdos@larian.com with your latest save. Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it (or them) and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.
​

stranger
stranger
Everything is working so far, however, when I select a save game it says that the game version is just Divinity 2 but I am 100% in the definitive edition folder.

stranger
stranger
Divinity Original Sin EE - Steam latest version. Editor alfa preview v1.6

Editor works great! Much thanks to OP from those who enjoy the game but have real-world (corporate) Orcs to battle.

Last edited by heydeedoo; 15/11/19 05:58 AM. Reason: omitted version number
addict
addict
Greetings,

I edited a Talent one of my two main characters and it worked great. Not a single glitch.
( Windows 10 Pro ; game on Steam of March 2020 )
Note it is the only thing I edited.

One minor error in the software : the UI offered me a Talent (Elemental Ranger) that requires Expert Marksmen 5 though the character has 4 currently.

Short story : I had bought the wrong Talent and the respec system in-game takes a long time to unlock and cost a lot (buying back all the Skill Books).

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey Aminoacow,

I hope you did not abandon this project, and still around, because my understanding is that this editor was made for a more accessible tool than the CE I guess, if not better considering its current state.

Thank you and all the people for the efforts credited for in the OP.

I initially somehow ended up downloading this zip below and couldn't figure it out what it was for and still:
https://github.com/tmxkn1/D-OS-Save-Editor/tree/v1.6.0

But only then I figured it out that I should have just downloaded the alpha.preview.v1.6.zip.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

stranger
stranger
Slim chance of getting any help, but I recently ran in to a problem with the editor. It was working fine for a while, but now it crashes any time I try to make a backup of a save file, and after I do edits and attempt to save I get an error saying it can't access my save game folder. I tried running it in Administrator mode, checking my antivirus, folder settings. Everything seems normal, and the editor worked fine a week ago, but now it just won't save edits.

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup or sync programs that may be monitoring the My Documents folder? Check your AV program, if applicable, especially if it may have updated around when this started, and maybe try adding the game's Documents folder and save editor to a whitelist / exceptions list.

Try copying a save to a different folder (like c:\temp\Savegames_patch), and see if that allows the editor to edit and save changes.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the editor. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard