Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#652146 09/03/19 04:17 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I have a rather strange sort of bug/glitch/whatever. In the Black Cove, even the first time I enter it, everything is already explored....traps are disable or covered....that dragon totem is dead...black gate is open even though I have not been down to the boss yet. The fights do happen (outside of the bomb mosters at the end of the oil trail - that is all gone) and the chests are full however. On my first play this was not the case, everything was as it should be with the traps, doors and totems. Now on my 2nd play it is almost like someone was already in there to disable the traps and open the doors. There are also several instances of monsters being dead already when I get to them....as in I can hover over their body and it reads them despite my party never actually encountering them. I even went as far as to uninstall/reinstall the entire game only to find that it did indeed happen again.

I have one mod installed: the out of combat movement speed boost. I did also use a save game editor to respec Jahan. It is hard to imagine either of those things causing this sort of thing. I can find nothing similar searching the internet either. Anyone heard of this?

Support
Support

A couple of people have reported similar issues, most likely caused by information in the game cache folder being carried over into a new game. Deleting the files in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\LevelCache' folder before starting a new game would prevent that, though it shouldn't be necessary.

Please email your most recent save before entering the Black Cove to supportdos@larian.com (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Alternately, I will describe how you should be able to fix the problem, by extracting the contents of the save before entering the Black Cove, and removing the associated level file, as well as any for any other areas you have not been to yet, if applicable.

First, extract a pre Black Cove save using the 'EE pak extractor':
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572322&an=

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

After starting the program, switch to the 'PAK / LSV Tools' tab, in the 'Package path' browse to the Before-Black-Cove.lsv file, then for the 'Extraction / source path' browse to that or another profile's savegames_patch folder and enter a new folder for the extracted files (you can copy/paste the path from the path listed above and edit it; ie to be '..\savegames_patch\Before-Black-Cove-extracted') and click the 'Extract Package' button.
After deleting the cys_blackcove.lsf file from the levelcache folder, you can start the game, load the extracted save (the game will recognize/load the uncompressed version) and the Black Cove should work properly when you enter.
Also delete any other files for areas you have not been to in this game, if applicable. The names are mostly obvious (the file for Hiberheim is theprisongardenofstoneking.lsf).

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey Raze, sorry for reviving this forum (edit: thread) after a long time ..
I don't really get the instructions (especially using the latest export tool), I tried to do what you did, but still ended up with a glitchy / looted Black Cove. Can you help me with this?

Last edited by blu3z; 13/04/23 07:04 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard