Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#652396 10/04/19 02:31 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone! My brother just gifted me this game last night, and I'm hoping to get it to work but having trouble. here are my system specs
Hardware Overview:

Mac OSX Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.005A.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.57f18

I have installed this game on Steam and now have over 200G of free storage space remaining. When I click the "play" button, it starts to open a window, and then the game suddenly quits and I get this message:

"Divinity - Original Sin 2 Quit unexpectedly Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

I tried to upgrade my OS to 10.13.6 but it will not take. Is there some other way I can run this game on this computer? My computer is kind of old but it seems like my stats on it are decent. Has anyone got this to run cross platform with Crossover or Wine? Is there anyone who can help me with this? I was so disappointed that I couldn't play this game with my brother, after he just purchased it for me. I appreciate any advice or help.

Support
Support

Officially only MacBook Pro models since late 2016 are supported.
Xeon and pre-Haswell i5/i7 CPUs do not support the AVX2 instruction set, so are not able to run the game (there should be an error message about that, actually). A game updated added support for 2013 CPUs to the Steam and GOG releases (we are working with Apple to add that for the App Store version), and there are plans to add additional fixes for 2010/2012 model CPUs, but there is no ETA for that.

Also, nvidia graphics are not supported, and the default mid 2010 model MacBook Pro GPUs do not have Metal support, so even with CPU fixes, will not be able to run the game (mid 2012 are the earliest models with Metal support). It may be possible to upgrade the card, or use an eGPU with Metal support.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard