Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ayunu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone,

I just went into a new playthrough in the Definitive Edition as a solo character.

For this, I decided to add a few "light" mods to slightly alter the gameplay experience (what I mean by "light" is that I have no mods adding content, animations, quests, items, etc...). The few mods I use either modify some stats (for example Bless source cost) or Lone Wolf stats, attributes per level, etc...
(I do have Cheat Commander though, that adds an NPC and an item in inventory).

In all of Fort Joy, the game happened without any trouble.
Now in Driftwood, I encounter a strange phenomenon. Whenever I take a big instance of damage (although it does not kill my character), the game immediately crashes.
For example, currently level 9, I decided to try and fight Baran Levere (lvl 9 too), each time he starts the fight with a tentacle lash that removes all my resistances / 75% my HP and the game crashes.

I thought, maybe it has to deal with him only ?
Tried to fight the dwarf keeping the entrance to the undeground dwaves lair in the tavern, each time he hits me the game crashes immediately.

I checked to fight the magisters at the entrance of the village and the whole fight went smoothly.

I tried to check Windows event log, but Divinity doesn't even appear in it, it's like it doesn't even realize it's crashing.

Anyone could help me on this problem ?

Support
Support

Does it still crash if you create a new profile, exit, copy your latest save to the new profile folder, restart the game and load the save without any mods enabled?

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

In the Classic version of the game, a few people had crashes with certain skills (Tentacle Lash and Fire Whip) if the Virtual Memory setting in Windows was disabled or set to a fixed size, which could be avoided if it was set to automatic / system managed. That should be fixed in the Definitive Edition, and I don't recall the dwarf in the tavern using those skills, but it couldn't hurt to check. To check or change virtual memory settings in WIn 10:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2864547/manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows.html

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save before a fight where this happens (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). Also include a list of mods and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

In case the issue is not related to the save itself, include a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy); also check the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin' folder for the gold.log file, and if there are any 'CrashDump' files being created, zip a few together to include.

Ayunu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, thanks for your answer.

I tried your first suggestion and it didn't crash.

Did a bit of "mods Mikado" and it appears there's a conflict between the "Full loot" mod and another one, that leads the game to crashing.

I don't think it's worth troubling the support with mods conflicts, so if anything I'll contact the mod author if needed.

Thanks again !

Have a nice day

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard