Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 57 1 2 55 56 57
stranger
stranger
Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the game lately, as I cannot teleport to other regions without the game crashing...
I have read from Raze (<3) the issue with the 64.000 items and gaming left turning to check the shops and well... That' basically exactly what I've done... I don't know if it is related but if it is then don't look no further for cause...
Originally Posted by Raze<3
It was only with changes in one of the EE updates which increased the demand for handles (more items being classified as global, rather than local) that this resulted in the limit being reachable by a great deal of crafting/trading/looting, or leaving the game running and checking merchants periodically.

Is there anyway to fix this problem?
I tried renaming the game folder and creating a new profile then copy/paste the save file in the new profile with no luck already.

Btw we have the very same issue on the coop playthrough I'm having we a friend on Xbox 360 (and the same playstyle :^) )

(and btw#2, is there anyway to keep Grutilda and her amazing shop keepers alive in the War of the Stones quest other than just not talking to the Jahrl and leaving the quest undone?)

W
stranger
stranger
W
Okay, for context, playing DoS:EE on a PS4. Console is a baseline unit, with no external harddrive or other complications. Game is installed via physical disc, and updated to the latest patch version. Not using Cloud saves, playing local single-player.

Recently had a problem with vendors crashing the game the moment I click Triangle to open the trade window. This started shortly after finishing the Twin Dungeons quest. After skimming various forums/topics about the issue, I can definitely rule out "common" causes like too much crafting (I haven't been crafting - all I've done to this point is smelt three iron ores into iron bars), too much play time (I'm only level 5, and I've only been playing for about 10 hours - I'm only on Day 3 in-game), or attempts to constantly refresh vendors. Nor have I left the game running for long periods of time in the background (because I've had issues in the past with DoSII and corrupted save files, I've been deliberately turning my PS4 off fully after playing to clear the PS4 cache).

I HAVE been looting pretty much everything I find everywhere, and selling it back to various vendors. And at the moment I've got about 170 slots worth of inventory full on my lead character (most of which is single items, though 40 or so are stacks of about 2-6, with one mushroom stack being 24). I've also picked up a few chests and brought them back to the Hall of Heroes, where I've stored about 9 items or so).

Upon experimentation, it seems as if the issue might be related to the Twin Dungeons quest itself - namely, it seems to be triggered if I pick up the Round and Square Pendants back up off their pedestals (to keep as souvenirs or sell) before leaving. From my save file where I had finished the quest and looted the four treasure chests and gold, if I leave the dungeon, take the pendants, and return to town, every single vendor (even ones I've never sold to before) immediately crash to blue-screen/desktop the moment I attempt to trade. Going from the exact same save file, if I leave the dungeon and leave the pendants behind, all of the vendors seem to work fine when I return to town.

While it seems like I've solved the problem myself and it won't be an issue as long as I don't take the pendants, I'm just trying to confirm if that IS something that could be the issue, and if simply avoiding it DOES prevent the problem entirely, or if there's some other issue at work in the background that I'm completely missing that might be causing similar problems for me later. I'd rather not just assume everything is OK and then play for another 40+ hours only to have the whole game catastrophically lock up with no way to continue. Knowing for sure what's causing the problem means I can go out of my way to avoid having problems in the future.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
I was modding the game with a custom XC_Encounters and ended up triggering the 'reload from in-game crashes the game with various stacktraces, but reload from the main menu works' bug.

It's a strange bug. I'm unsure if it's because of the mod.

stranger
stranger
I have little problem with mirror in homestad. When i try use it i can chage only basic things as hairs skins etc but cannot chage gender, its do nothig, and cannot change portrait. Problem is after i try 1st time it start be buggy and my portrait randomly chages to portrit of randoum group member. I was try reload game reistal it but nothing help, sure i can load save few hours later where dont have bugget portrait, but problem is i play it with 2 other friends ( using 4man mod) and they are not happy with this frown And its working worng only for my character others character cna chage apparance gender and portrait without problem.

stranger
stranger
Hello. I would really like you guys to help me solve the problem regarding modifying elements on the maps in the game's main campaign. I can't delete or change certain items on the map because when I save it's as if I hadn't saved. Error messages appear at the bottom of the screen. It's frustrating because on maps from other games like Heroes 3 or Fallout 2 I can do this easily. Please, I wanted to know if there is a solution.

Last edited by Cyselean Citizen; 13/09/23 07:27 PM.
Page 57 of 57 1 2 55 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard