Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tee Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
There are 2 ways to remove your source collars in Act l.

- 1st way can be done really early but only works for your main character by winning the undergound arena in Fort Joy. The hatch is located in Griff's Kitchen. After winning the battle , you can talk to Nebora , the female merchant sits next to Fort Joy main entrance. She will remove the collar for you.

- 2nd way works for everyone in the party but you have to first escape Fort Joy , find the Seeker Hideout then help them looking for thier lost leader , Gareth. Once Gareth is brought back , you can talk to Leya , she sits just next to the statue of goddess Amadia. She'll remove your party source collars.

Last edited by tee; 18/01/17 02:34 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Or another way...
Leya will remove all source collars without first freeing Gareth if you talk to her with Lohse and tell her a nice story. I forget the exact conversation choices required - something about boats passing on the ocean.

It has to be Lohse though - adding Jester and Mystic to a custom character doesn't give the conversation options you need.

tee Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by lx07
Or another way...
Leya will remove all source collars without first freeing Gareth if you talk to her with Lohse and tell her a nice story. I forget the exact conversation choices required - something about boats passing on the ocean.

It has to be Lohse though - adding Jester and Mystic to a custom character doesn't give the conversation options you need.

aah nice find. i'll add this method into video description and give credit to you , is it ok to you?

veteran
veteran
There is a side note for way 1: If the magister see you without collar, they will throw you into a cell.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Sure. I guess there are other advantages to playing the pre-defined characters but I've not tried every origin with every conversation.

Ifan and the skeleton salesman just after you leave the fort is one. You can summon him to take heavy things if you can't move but I can't bring myself to play him again as I just don't like him.

Obviously the Red Prince is more of a git but Ifan just bugs me for some reason.

veteran
veteran
Ifan can summon the skeleton salesman?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Ifan can summon the skeleton salesman?
Yes. I should write spoiler but the whole forum is spoilers anyway. Anyway....

When you are playing Ifan and you meet the skeleton trader he gives you a small looking glass. You can use this to summon him at any time and to anywhere.

Every time he complains "no, no don't call me, you will never see your son alive" and so on. It is a lie - you can summon him whenever you want. Bug? Probably not.

Obviously you can then dump (sell) the 150kg paintings on him as one of the more obvious cheats is to sell stuff to the vendor you will kill first (Griff's lot) so summoning him there to pick up all the paintings helps as you can't move.

Perhaps I'm playing this game too much...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
There is a side note for way 1: If the magister see you without collar, they will throw you into a cell.

I'm still unclear as to whether it's a bug or intentional, but repeated incarcerations seem to cost some random inventory items, which can be a bit of a pain.

J'aime le fromage.
tee Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
interesting, these origin exclusive interactions would make the game have even more replay value than it already has :o

thx for sharing.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard