Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I'm feeling very unclear about the release plan for D: OS 2, and I'm wondering if that's really the case or if I'm missing something. I backed the game as Backer #18 (ie pretty early on), but don't want to experience any of it until it's fully released - but I'm completely in the dark on when that release is.

Is there information somewhere and I've missed it? Whenever I hit the kickstarter or the forums it seems like all the focus is on the Early Access, and as though - as far as everyone else is concerned - the game is already out. When I go to the main D: OS 2 page I don't get a "Coming June 2017" (for example) message, instead I just see a "Get It Now" link, with no mention that this is only early access. I sometimes feel like the game launched and nobody told me.

Am I right in feeling so confused or do all of you have a very clear sense when the full game is scheduled to come out? I'm not complaining about the delay or the lack of communication - I'm wondering if there <i>is</i> a lack of communication, or if it's just me that's missing info because I haven't gone down the Early Access rabbit hole. Thanks.

veteran
veteran
You can get the game now, but only the Alpha Stage with not more than Act 1. The release date did not get delayed so far, even tough not sure, if there won't be any delays. The Alpha Stage shows, there will be quite some effort needed.

veteran
veteran
We don't have any release date and I wouldn't expect one for a while.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ok, that confirms that it's not just me, I guess. I have no problem with waiting for the game to get polished, but since the initial (very unlikely) release date was set for December 2016 and all the activity now seems to be directed at the EA I felt a little out of the loop. I would assume that no set release date = at least 3-6 months until it's out, so then I can make other plans for my free time. Thanks!

Last edited by Babymech; 19/01/17 04:27 PM.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Swen in a lot of interviews before December 2016 said that the release would move to 2017.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by norD
Swen in a lot of interviews before December 2016 said that the release would move to 2017.
The obvious understanding from which would be "we are pushing it back a bit into early 2017".

You don't wait until December 2016 to say "Oops I meant December 2017".

There is nothing wrong with saying "we are now aiming for June 2017 but it might be December 2017 if something comes up". Everyone on these forums would be happy with that I'd have thought.

If GR will be another 6 or 9 months another preview build would be appreciated. At least by me it would.

veteran
veteran
No one at all, should have EVER believed that the December 2016 date would remain accurate. First, it's Larian, and they like to polish games to the very last minute and then decide to push the last minute back for more work. Second, that date was given out at the start of the Kickstarter and was based on reaching minimum funding only. When you have to add 1.5 million worth of stretch goal content, that is also going to push the release date. That is simple common sense.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I'm not complaining about the date. Actually I don't care when it is.

I'd just like to know (roughly) when it is planned and (hopefully) when I can try another beta.

I do understand why the OP may have the hump though. No-one wants it before it is fished but it wouldn't cost Larian anything to say "we are planning for March" or "September" or "December".

Of course there may be delays but it is a reasonable question.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
No one at all, should have EVER believed that the December 2016 date would remain accurate. First, it's Larian, and they like to polish games to the very last minute and then decide to push the last minute back for more work. Second, that date was given out at the start of the Kickstarter and was based on reaching minimum funding only. When you have to add 1.5 million worth of stretch goal content, that is also going to push the release date. That is simple common sense.

Yes those are things we are starting to come to grips with. Stretch goals can be a real problem.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Stabbey
No one at all, should have EVER believed that the December 2016 date would remain accurate. ... That is simple common sense.

...which makes it unclear why you would bring this up? smile Nobody complained about the date yet; the question was about the uncertainty surrounding the date.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I'm guessing the full game won't be released before September 2017, but we'll get to play another Act before that (current EA is Act 1, the game will have 3 of them).

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Over
I'm guessing the full game won't be released before September 2017, but we'll get to play another Act before that (current EA is Act 1, the game will have 3 of them).

Act 1 will be the only Act we can play in the entire EA. The other 2 will be added on release.

[Insert something funny here]
old hand
old hand
The release plan is perfectly clear to me. When they are convinced that it's done, they'll release it.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
G
addict
addict
G
Larians invests a lot in a new engine and ideas of character origins. It swallowed a lot of resources. I guess more than they expected. Unfortunately they overhaul almost all game mechanics (combat rule-set and item set) Current game-play status looks to me more like prototype or a collection of ideas than working game system.

Although they might be able release a game in a 3 months I would rather they postpone it to to Autumn to get time for polish (re-create) combat. Make arena alive, make it a playground for combat and item systems testing.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard