Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#600309 18/02/17 11:35 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So yeah.

With the new AI, and the fact that each enemy has one or more AOE attacks, and the fact that oil= fire and poison=fire, 2 rounds into the combat (any combat) the whole screen is awash with fire.

Even the low level encounters have the enemies throwing boulders and poison clouds everywhere, and sooner or later someone sets it on fire.

and i'm only talking about low level fights, like fighting the camp cook, or 'The One' pit fight.

Clever use of AOE attacks and status effects is one of the great levellers when out numbered or out levelled.

Buyt when the enemy out numbers you, and is equal or higher level, and turns the world into fire, it's a bit much.

Yep, even on easy mode.

old hand
old hand
Environmental effect chaos is a pretty common complaint. It can get a little annoying when every fight gets explodey, even when that isn't your build.

Rain can definitely help a lot though if you're finding fire too much. Levitate is also invaluable. Would be nice to have a few more surface/smoke clearing abilities, including for enemies. Like Blood Sucker, only with poison and fire, or an ability that disables electrified water (something like "Ground" as a geomancer spell).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
IT's a great system.

But you CAN have too much of a good thing.

Also, yeah, rain is one of my go-to spells.
But i'm not levelled enough for it yet.

journeyman
journeyman
Just play elves and bleed all over the fire. :^)

Jokes aside, there should honestly be more way to either clear or prevent environmental effects.
I like being able to control the battlefield with ground effects, but they can be as debilitating to me as they are to the enemy. The problem is the lack of tools to protect against those effects.

Examples of abilities that could be added:
- Anti-magic zone: Destroy any magic used in the zone of effect of Anti-magic zone, including AoE, projectiles or other magically enhanced physical objects such as Fossil Strike, Stunning Arrows, etc. Last 1 round. Necromancer ability.
- Depressurize: Heavily decrease pressure on a focal point, creating a depression and removing any surfaces caught inside the zone of effect as well as moving clouds to the outside edge of the depression. Last 1 round. Aerotheurge ability.

Last edited by snap; 21/02/17 09:40 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard