Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/Z74e9[/img]

In some fights there are people who are not in your group, but they do not fight you. Mostly this means they fight against the same enemies as you (not sure if there are exceptions).
In my first fight at the yard of the magister fortress, I accidentally killed the paladin because I did not realize that he is on my side. Now I made a screenshot during the fight with Gareth. During combat I had problems to tell who is on my side. When looking at the screenshot for some time, I realized that Gerath has the same black frame around his portrait as my party members. But during combat I saw only that all the portraits of characters who are not in my party look the same.

Do you think it is OK as it is now?
Or should friendly characters have their own portrait and not the portrait of a generic enemy?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
I think the issue here is, neither Cork nor Gareth are 'friendly'. They are more neutral, just fighting the same enemies.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Madscientist
When looking at the screenshot for some time, I realized that Gerath has the same black frame around his portrait as my party members.
I think how it works is when they are neutral the border around the character is yellow not red. When you accidentally hit them with friendly fire it goes red and they become an enemy.

I don't find the visual difference very clear personally and in the fight with Gareth (like in your picture) it isn't obvious from a quick glance which one he is and when his turn is coming up.

It might be clearer if the border was a bit thicker perhaps (or if he had his own picture as you suggest).

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard