Print Thread
#601267 28/03/17 02:16 AM
F
Ferrous Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Leadership is a really fun ability for buffing your allies however it is extremely limited do to its range. The only heroes that can really invest points into it are characters that are going to be able to stand near their allies, so your team needs to be either entirely melee, or entirely ranged. Even then however, grouping close together in this game is a terrible idea as all the AoEs will quickly get your team killed.

I think the range needs to go beyond just 5M maybe as far as 15, but at least 10

old hand
old hand
I did some testing modifying the leadership range with the game files and even 8m felt a lot more usable than 5m. I think having a short-ish range makes it more strategic and interesting, though 5m is way too limiting. Also it would be nice to know exactly where you can stand to be in its range rather than just guessing or need to measure out the distance manually every time. It's one of those abilities that starts out fairly inconsequential, but with 10 ability points invested it will literally mean your teammates take 50% less damage, so it needs some kind of limitations.

enthusiast
enthusiast
only build i would even think to invest 10 into leadership into would be a build with 10 damage reflec as well since i suspect that even later on into that game most classes want those 10 points.

Rogues are the best
veteran
veteran
Leadership should work on sight like in DOS1, also I think the leader should get at least half the benefits for himself.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Regarding the leader's benefits:
I feel that its either they give the leader reduced benefits compared to the rest of the party OR the range is increased to a point where its completely viable for your backliner to have points in it.

Rogues are the best
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Bullethose
only build i would even think to invest 10 into leadership into would be a build with 10 damage reflec as well since i suspect that even later on into that game most classes want those 10 points.

I could see a tank dropping 10 points on leadership even without damage reflect (which probably needs to be toned down anyway). Even 6 points in leadership cuts incoming damage on allies by a third. Again, such powerful effects need to be played around, not granted willy nilly. No, you're probably not going to be protecting all three allies the whole combat. But if you get back to, say, your wizard and ranger who are not too far apart, then they're going to take a lot more punishment from spellcasters and dodge a lot of attacks. Or if you coordinate with your rogue, you can let him wail on your enemy a little longer even though someone else might be targeting him.

And of course leadership will be super potent on all range or all melee teams, or even 3 and 1. Again, 5m is just painfully short, but 8-10m is the sweetspot.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Agree on the range. 10m sounds reasonable and half the buff to the leader.

Amberstar

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard