Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z

Hey there everyone! I'm super hyped for this game, as are my compatriots. I actually hope that this mod request could be fairly easy. Basically, for more realism, would it be possible to make a mod that removed the flashy particle effects from the three non-magical Skill trees and nonmagical abilities? Namely, Warfare Skills, Huntsman Skills, and Scoundrel Skills, plus things like throwing grenades. I love the particle effects for the magical abilities; I think they're totally appropriate. However, to me, it's immersion-breaking for my whirlwind ability to also emit a flaring burst of fire, or for my battering ram to leave me crackling with electricity; if I'm playing a swordsman, all I need is cool stances and awesome battle-moves. Yes, of course I understand that a normal swordsman can't teleport through two enemies and reappear somewhere else (Blitz Attack) and that's ok; I'm not requesting a complete realism-mod overhaul.

Just removing the particle-effects from nonmagical abilities would make things stronger and more realistic. I guess this mod could also include removing the big, spectral bull from the bull's-horns dash; it's cool enough to just ram people with badass bull's horns.

Would this be possible? Do other people share this interest that I have?

Yours into eternity,

~Zachariah

veteran
veteran
I do NOT share your interest. In fact, the skill animations are one of the things I enjoy most of the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd say a lot, if not all, non-magical skills are pretty much also at least a bit magical, so no I don't share your interest. I like the effects.
But as mod?
Sure, why not.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I definitely hear your argument; all of the particle effects in this game look incredibly beautiful. And yeah, exactly, I'm talking about this as a mod, not as a game-design-change. My wife and our friend are planning to have a 3-player-plus-1-NPC run through the entire game, and even if this mod got made, I highly doubt that they would use it. I just like the quasi-increased realism of it. Then again, I'm always the guy in Skyrim who makes a 100% physical, combat-based character.

I appreciate your input hehe

yours into eternity,

~Zachariah
I DO share your interest. I would like to have some non-magical looking skills for use in gm mode.

apprentice
apprentice
I have to agree, would like to see more proper melee fighting without magic stuff shooting out of everything.

old hand
old hand
May be pretty easy, or may be very tough. Not sure if the effects can just be removed from the skill entries, or if the actual skill animations/effects would have to be edited. If the latter, that's a serious pipe dream for a fairly niche interest.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baardvark
May be pretty easy, or may be very tough. Not sure if the effects can just be removed from the skill entries, or if the actual skill animations/effects would have to be edited. If the latter, that's a serious pipe dream for a fairly niche interest.

Agree. I'm hoping for a relatively robust and easy to use Particle Editor

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Right; I'm not interested in anyone going to any trouble for something that's comparatively minor, but if it were as simple as removing some "particle effects layer" from the overall animation, that would be awesome for those of us who just want non-magical abilities to look natural.

yours into eternity,

~Zachariah
Originally Posted by Zachariah
Right; I'm not interested in anyone going to any trouble for something that's comparatively minor, but if it were as simple as removing some "particle effects layer" from the overall animation, that would be awesome for those of us who just want non-magical abilities to look natural.

I agree, not essential but it would certainly be nice.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard