Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Looped Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
My friend can hear all the voice acting going on but for some reason I cannot hear anything past the overworld dialogue, the actual chat windows have nothing.

Edit: I found out a temporary solution to the problem, I have 2 headsets, one with broken speakers, one with a broken mic, so I use the working parts from each for my sound. I found that when I took my headphones from my computer and plugged them into my TV (which is my monitor) the sound for the dialogue started working, I tested this by simply switching all my audio to default speakers, so I would try plugging in your headphones directly to your monitor and not into your computer.

Last edited by Looped; 14/09/17 06:45 PM.
stranger
stranger
I was having sound issues also with the voice-overs not working. I uninstalled, deleted the local profiles folder, and reinstalled the game. It's working correctly now.

L
Looped Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Im going to try and delete the full steam folder and do a complete reinstall hopefully it works

L
Looped Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Eronel
I was having sound issues also with the voice-overs not working. I uninstalled, deleted the local profiles folder, and reinstalled the game. It's working correctly now.
I cannot find the local profiles, and a complete uninstall still did nothing

T
stranger
stranger
T
I seem to be in a similar/same situation. Missing all origin story voice acting at least. Afraid to continue and unknowingly miss other gameplay audio. Verified game files through steam, deleted and redownloaded the "...\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2" folder and relaunched, moved installation folder to another SSD (same drive as the OS now, was on another internal drive previously), and then just started from scratch and reinstalled the entire game. No dice. Same issue.

L
Looped Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I am frustrated that I cannot seem to get into contact with any larian studio member about this and I have taken today off just to play and now it all seems pointless.

L
Looped Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Is this going to get any help? I have tried support tickets, tweets, posting on steam and I can't find a single person that knows how to fix this.

L
Looped Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Still soundless, still no response anywhere, still no solutions...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I understand Larian's power was knocked out in a particularly impressive example of sod's law...

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Check the configuration of your speakers in Windows. This problem can be caused by having stereo speakers set to 5.1 sound, for example.

- Right click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select 'Playback devices'
- In the Playback tab, right click the 'Default Device' (with a green checkmark) and select 'Configure Speakers'
- Make sure the 'Audio channels' configuration matches your speaker/headphone setup; press the 'Test' button to hear sound effects played on each speaker, while the corresponding speaker in the 'Speaker Setup' window is highlighted. You can also click directly on the speakers in the picture to hear the test sound effect on that speaker only.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Just wanted to say thanks for the 5.1 vs stereo output solution posted above. That's exactly what my issue was, at least. I think I must have set it that way after having issues with the HDMI supplied audio on my video card and simply forgot.

stranger
stranger
Hello! I hope the issue is still being looked at because I started playing Divinity 2 a few weeks ago and my character (Sebille) cannot be heard through dialogues between everyone in the party (I am player two - my boyfriend is player one). It is incredibly sad and I feel like giving up and waiting until a fix is released.

Please make this issue one of the high priority items! I really love Divinity 2, but if my character does not have a voice... I am afraid I will quit. :(

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard