Next Thread
Print Thread
#613218 17/09/17 10:23 AM
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Portal Of Dream at Lizard consulate disappeared when approached?
what to do?

W
W
im getting this too

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
it appeared every few second or so?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I had that same issue and kept experimenting. One of your divine abilities will help see it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Use spirit vision to show the portal. But in my case I'm battling at colosseum after entered that portal, endless battle, even if I use trainer to defeat them all instantly the battle will continue.

D
stranger
stranger
D
i would like to say its easy if u know the trick... you have to destroy all of the black mirrors standing around, then you can either defeat all of the enemies or go through the door that opens after getting the last mirror. its still the worst and most annyoing fight ive had in the game so far. they will try to stop you with everythingl.

S
stranger
stranger
S
@DasNest
You can destroy it? How? I thought I've already cast few meteor spell on it but looks fine.

H
stranger
stranger
H
How are you even suppose to know to use spirit view?! I guess it's not a vital part of the main quest.

S
stranger
stranger
S
@huldu
Logic I guess, because spirit view allows you to see another world/entities that hidden on the game.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
one of my characters died in the mirror fight while my 3 others ran through the door. we can't go back to revive him, is he just stuck there forever?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Abandon that quest till you are level 22 or so, you have to break all the mirrors, which are only vulnerable to two damage types, while fighting foes that can instantly break your entire party's magic shields and insta gimp you (the boss enemies will instantly respawn if you kill them, don't bother).

At least on classic, it seems like Arx and beyond is stupid levels of difficulty.

stranger
stranger
I found a very easy solution. The mirrors are invulnerable to all damage except earth and physical, so I had my geomancer cast Impalement on all of them without moving from the spot which you are in when first entering the level. This way you only have to kill the enemies once since all the mirrors are gone when they appear.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by divsharki
I found a very easy solution. The mirrors are invulnerable to all damage except earth and physical, so I had my geomancer cast Impalement on all of them without moving from the spot which you are in when first entering the level. This way you only have to kill the enemies once since all the mirrors are gone when they appear.

you enter battle immediately dont you?

stranger
stranger
No, you have to move away from the entry point to start the battle. You can cast as many spells as you want as long as you don't move. It also helps that the particular geomancer spells needed to destroy these mirrors are area based and are not interrupted by obstacles, so I was able to destroy all mirrors without line of sight even...

veteran
veteran
Right now the portal isn't even visible before approaching it. If I hadn't scrolled over the area before visiting it, or if I hadn't checked my log book to read that there is a portal (which my characters can't see), I wouldn't have known about it at all.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
you need spirit vision to see it

if that doesn't work, i'm not sure

veteran
veteran
Well, yes, I know. This thread told me that. But it seems a little strange that it's invisible from the start without any indication. Is that working as intended?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i wasn't sure if you still couldn't see the portal with spirit vision active, because that would indicate a bug

i'm pretty sure the portal works as intended. spirit vision is one of those things you use when there's no obvious answer to something, and the amount of dead people in the consulate encourages using it to chat up ghosts when the obnoxious revenants are finally dealt with

X
stranger
stranger
X
You can move a little within the circle that you teleport into without starting the combat dialogue. This helps a lot with targeting the mirrors with Impalement spell and my archer could also target the mirrors and destroy them.

Another trick that helps prior to initiating the fight is that I used my rogue's teleport spell to move to another location. This immediately starts the dialogue leading to combat, but my rogue was not locked into the dialogue, therefore he could freely move around the arena and cast spells. He teleported the other party members around, spreading them out to limit the damage and he also teleported the first mob far away before starting the fight.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard