Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sonnyc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I'm currently working on an arena-style mod, that will spawn waves of enemies for the player to fight, but was wondering what the best way to build and test the encounters would be?

Right now I'm just spawning 3 other random humans in, and using CharacterAddToParty and CharacterMakePlayer to create the party. I would then have to artificially level each player up, assign skills, and only then could I actually test the encounter. And since I'm doing all of this in the initialise part of the Osiris story, any time I reload the story to retest I would have to do it again. Is there a smarter way than this to do the testing, or an easy way to test encounters?

old hand
old hand
I assume you already know about ctrl+shift+k to auto-kill enemies and ctrl+shift+r to resurrect people in case you aren't testing balancing, but rather only logical outcomes.

I don't have a good answer about testing balancing, except that when I get to that point, I will probably create a debug book where I can, via dialog, hand craft a party and spawn in heroes of the specific level and basic build similar to companion recruitment in Origins.

You might also get some use from the editor console for helping out with some character manipulation.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
M
M
yep agree with Windemere , for my standalone balancing is basically a pain - ReCon helps a bit i agree. You should have a look.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard