Next Thread
Print Thread
#639463 23/12/17 02:34 PM
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi All,

Its frustrating so I have come here for help. The editor boots up fine. but I have great issue with the World outliner and the Dialog editor @ Journal editor. They freeze and the not responding appears. If I wait they finally open. But to save in the Dialog editor. I have to use the hot key as the "file" list take over 2 mines to appear... Worldoutliner is the same but if I even hover over one of the tools on the header the editor freezes and the not responding appears.. Go make a coffee come back and it will be back to normal.

Really hard to trouble shoot my scripts or quest stuff having to wait for the editor...

Is there anything I can do about this?

64-bit win 10
16 gig ram
AMD R9 380
AMD (tm) (Fx 8320 8 core, 3.5 GHz

all drivers are recent within30 days

Last edited by Detect; 23/12/17 03:06 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
some options I found was to move the install folder out of the C:programs(86) folder and moving to the C: programs. I also tried running in admin. run the exe from the root folder.. nothing helps..

feel like the engine just has to a lot of work to open those tools..

mem leak or something is getting in the way. ALSO noticing performance over time. in the morning day off, editor is normal, by end of day it very slow and response is way down...reboot and seems to be fine again.

is it just me who has this issue?

Last edited by Detect; 23/12/17 02:57 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
can add the "stats editor" to the list. Trying to add to my mods Treasure list is impossible.

start editor not responding... returns a few moments later.. trying to click the "+" soon as I click it Stats editor [not responding]...

I have checked all my Visual C++ updates I'm all good

Is no one having these issues why is it just me?

Last edited by Detect; 28/12/17 08:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
Sounds like a local issue as all the mentioned things works fine here and haven't heard about the world outliner / dialogue editor being an issue before.

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
thanks for checking.

I just reinstalled and the issue still exists. Its like some java setting, if I open up the stats editor the text goes all blurry...

Last edited by Detect; 29/12/17 08:07 PM.
veteran
veteran
What's your display settings then? Resolution, etc?

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Last edited by Detect; 30/12/17 04:42 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
generally the editor stops and hangs and almost anything and everything. I need to just wait a little and it will catch up eventually. But just too darn hard to create anything like this...

I spent my hold day yesterday just trying to get a few vendors up...pull my hair out on this.

My computer is very up-to-date...and runs all other moderns games and editors with no issue.

Hell I even had Unity install last month...

64-bit win 10
16 gig ram
AMD R9 380
AMD (tm) (Fx 8320 8 core, 3.5 GHz

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
running the screen res at 1920 x 1080

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
One more.. go away for 2 m ions come back, near crashed again...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMAbcOTC30QvDMRMNoBWDvvrmSmmtRypck9iqd_

enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe check and make sure you don't have an overlay program (like MSI Afterburner) running on the editor?

The main reason for my performance problems in the editor was due to MSI running on the engine - once I added an exception for it, the performance went back to normal.

As a side note, I did notice today that saving/exporting stats multiple times (in the process of tweaking a skill) eventually caused the editor to hang for 30+ seconds, until it eventually crashed the next time it froze up.

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey LaughingLeader thanks.

I do have AMD Crimson running..(MSI motherboard) not sure AMD Crimson is an overlay.. Let me go turn that off to see!

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
But sadly no. with AMD Crimson off, no difference. I even turned off speedfan...

starting to look at the errors in the log -

sef is a level
test is a level

error:
[esv::LoadProtocol::LoadLevel] loadprotocol is already loading sef a level, ignoring new load of test. This should not happen, please check with IsLoading and handle it.

Category: Code
Count: 1
Timestamp: 31-12-2017 14:30:35:568
Function: esv::LoadProtocol::LoadLevel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then this:

File 'C:/Users/**********/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2/PlayerProfiles/Monkworks/InventorySettings.lsb' has version 3.1.5.3, which is too new for serializer with version 3.1.5.0!

Timestamp: 31-12-2017 14:35:51:756
Function: ls::BinSerializer::LoadHeader

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one more:
ObjectFactory (type ls::Decal) has grown bigger than the Maximum size (160 >= 128)

Timestamp: 31-12-2017 14:35:43:579
Function: ls::ObjectFactory<class ls::Decal,class ls::ObjectFactoryNullLocker>::GrowInternal
Location: c:\jenkins\workspace\repo\rs3.0_fw3.0\modnew\stable\lsprojects\framework\code\corelib\ObjectFactory.inl (414)

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
going to try a complete uninstall and reinstall... working on the backup for that action today.. risky and could wreck my holidays.

I will also test a new project to see if any difference.
maybe my project is just bad somehow...

Last edited by Detect; 31/12/17 02:53 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
well, it was a complete reinstall. Even reinstalled DOS2. deleted all files and folders.
reinstalled, applied my Mod. No problems. Open up a new project hover my mouse over the Worldoutliner tiles at the top and boom [not-responding].

Getting pissed off now...

where is the delineation mark?
I have a PC here with no issue playing any of the new games. I have most of them. ANY of the OTHER editors FO4, GEAK. work perfectly.

I had Unity installed a month ago working on a mobile game... It al worked perfectly.

Why do I have this problem? Is it me or its not optimized for my set?

I really don't want to have to open a ticket I will lose interest at that point... I have good mod here, just getting started...

Yes. I can continue to work in this condition. waiting for the editor to respond... these little hangs add up big time... my whole holiday has been waiting on the editor...

I sound like a whining baby and I feel like one

Last edited by Detect; 01/01/18 02:27 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
FIXED!!

Latest Java Update ( last night ). She is now working like a dream!!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard