Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#647797 05/08/18 06:43 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i seriously dont like the combat style being turn based, it should be free like Divinity 2 Ego Draconis / Dragon Knight Saga, that is the reason i love Divinity 2 Ego Draconis / Dragon Knight Saga, the best of the 6 games in divinity series counting out the expansion. please make the Ego Draconis Sequel able to use DKS game saves and its combat free style not turn based like DKS, i have no idea what type of people love to play turn based combat, bunch of noobies, i have played DD,BD,DOS,DOS II only once for the story because i dont like combat system turn based at all, i played DKS like 5 times in all these years, it was the best out of all the games in divinity series

My Rankings on the Game would be

5 out of 5 stars : Divinity 2 Ego Draconis + Flames of Vengeance / Dragon Knight Saga
4 out of 5 stars : Dragon Commander
3.5 out of 5 stars : Divinity Original Sin
3 out of 5 stars : DOS II
3 out of 5 stars : DD
3 out of 5 stars : BD

Last edited by Demi-God; 05/08/18 07:00 PM.
Demi-God #647830 08/08/18 06:03 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
From a personal perspective I'm in agreement, and would hope that further titles in the main Divinity series are indeed more like DKS; though I expect they will continue to use the Original Sin engine, I also suspect it is (or will be) as capable of third-person real-time playing.

In terms of the Original Sins, they were deliberately designed to hark back to that particular genre of turn-based isometric games. The turn-based element in particular isn't my cup of tea but's what it was intended to be; though for me they have brought the isometric element more up to date so it's a lot more flexible in terms of being what you want it to be instead of the rigidly fixed perspective of, say, Tyranny (which I enjoyed in itself but would've preferred something more like the Original Sin approach) but on the other hand wasn't quite as flexible as Sacred 2 which could almost be pushed into a third-person perspective with enough meddling.

J'aime le fromage.
Demi-God #648162 21/08/18 03:54 PM
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Going to be hard to get them to do nontactics games considering how massively successful the original sin series is compared to thier hack and slash divinity.

Its like they did alright with hack and slash, then original sin happened and put them leading the market on rpg genre...now you're asking them to revert to a version of the series that did mediocre in comparison. I dont think thats going to happen, but who knows.

Demi-God #648170 22/08/18 01:54 AM
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Turn-based allows thinking over twitch.

Demi-God #648202 23/08/18 11:55 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm probably weird in that I liked e.g. Dragon Age Oranges' approach which wasn't turn-based but involved as many tactics as you felt like and you could pause to think as often as you wanted. And it also allowed you to change camera perspective to what suited you, or the situation. I wouldn't object to seeing something similar in future Divinities, or at least to have it as an option.

But speaking personally I'm never going to love either turn-based or twitch gaming...

J'aime le fromage.
Demi-God #648818 03/09/18 05:47 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
yea, the combat system should have been like Dragon Age Origins, although they could also made it an option to switch between turn based and hack & slash type of combat so everyone enjoys, well if it is possible anyways, although i still dont get the order of storyline in these games, i know as far as i think this is the order in which storyline goes (, if they want to make a strategy type divinity game, i would say best was dragon commander, although i still loved original sin better)

Dragon Commander
Original Sin
Divine Divinity
Original Sin 2
Beyond Divinity
Dragon Knight Saga
NEW GAME, DAMIAN DEFEATED, eagerly awaiting for this storyline game

I HOPE THE NEXT SERIES IN THEY RELEASE IS FROM THE CONTINUATION OF DKS,

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard