Next Thread
Print Thread
#648063 17/08/18 03:31 PM
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
Since I've installed the game on my new laptop, I'm having a problem of characters suddenly running off without orders. When it happens in combat it can be a real pain. Please does anyone know if there's something in settings that causes this?

Thanks,
LS.

Support
Support

Is there any game lag / stutter when this happens, and then they warp back to where they should be?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause conflicts (generally on startup or loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs can also caused issues.

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

If the laptop has dual graphics, make sure the game is loading on the discrete graphics (nvidia or AMD) rather than integrated (Intel, though HD 4000 and later should have DiretcX 11 support).

Check for updated graphics drivers, and Windows updates in general.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Raze #648124 20/08/18 10:15 AM
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
Thanks again, Raze, that's a bit technical for me but I'll get my son on it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard