Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jbawlin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
After the full release and update on 8/31 I've been experiencing pretty regular screen tearing and pacing issues. This is on a PS4 Pro with a 4k TV and adjusting to Game Mode doesn't really help much (and to be honest is kind of a gross setting, anyway).

Anyone else experiencing this? Or have any solutions?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Adding to this for attention. Doesn't happen on any other games, not even the pre access of act 1. Screen tearing all the time, more heavily on heavily populated scenes like in towns and even dense woods, but always present. Maybe 4k issue, or just some kind of vsync setting.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Including a quick clip I took. You can notice it throughout. https://youtu.be/7aqfuDgOPPE

N
stranger
stranger
N
It also has to do with showing all items around you (clicking R3). Major slowdown after that if there are a lot about.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Dude i dont know what is happening. My PS4 do not make the download of the game. I continue on the version 3.6.27.3787.

What the hell is going on.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I play on a regular PS4 and i get tearing...especially when i click R3. Wasnt doing it before on the demo...really bad now.

Scardini....just go to your library and download it. It should be there

T
stranger
stranger
T
[quote=jbawlin]After the full release and update on 8/31 I've been experiencing pretty regular screen tearing and pacing issues. This is on a PS4 Pro with a 4k TV and adjusting to Game Mode doesn't really help much (and to be honest is kind of a gross setting, anyway).

Anyone else experiencing this? Or have any solutions? [/quote]

Exact same issue here.

Why push the resolution on PS4 Pro to 1440p when it's obviously beyond the capabilities of the console. They keep doing this with more and more games on the Pro, and they end up running worse in many cases then the standard PS4.

Please, please, please for the love of god give console players a toggle to switch between resolution or performance. Then at least players who don't want and don't need 4K are kept happy.

I will always choose performance over resolution.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Bumping this to the front. Need conformation if its just on 4k tvs, if its just on ps4 pro. Or if its on every ps4 platform. It's incredibly bothersome. I play with the ps4pro on a 4k samsung with hdr. The tearing is unbelieveable when you move down on the screen. Like 3x as bad as any other directions. Also seems worse in splitscreen and ive gotten flickering artifacts as well. I hate to have to demand a refund but these performance issues are unacceptable.

T
stranger
stranger
T
[quote=BL4CKW4LL]Bumping this to the front. Need conformation if its just on 4k tvs, if its just on ps4 pro. Or if its on every ps4 platform. It's incredibly bothersome. I play with the ps4pro on a 4k samsung with hdr. The tearing is unbelieveable when you move down on the screen. Like 3x as bad as any other directions. Also seems worse in splitscreen and ive gotten flickering artifacts as well. I hate to have to demand a refund but these performance issues are unacceptable. [/quote]

Well my PS4 Pro is connected to a 1080p display and I still have the issue. This I believe is because the game still renders each frame at 1440p and then down samples to 1080p so called supersampling.

So even with the video output on the PS4 Pro set to 1080p you are unable to disable the 1440p resolution.

It also appears that v-sync has been disabled in order to keep the frame rate as close to 30fps as possible.

All we need Larian to do is add a toggle between resolution and performance and issue she be fixed.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I am also having the screen tearing issues on PS4 Pro with LG OLED 4k TV. I didn't notice the issue on the build prior to release day either. I have tired turning boost mode on/off, setting PS4 to output at 1080, all to no avail. I can't believe something like this would get through even basic testing. Like others have said, please give us an option for performance/resolution. Please!!!

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by absolutebeek
I am also having the screen tearing issues on PS4 Pro with LG OLED 4k TV. I didn't notice the issue on the build prior to release day either. I have tired turning boost mode on/off, setting PS4 to output at 1080, all to no avail. I can't believe something like this would get through even basic testing. Like others have said, please give us an option for performance/resolution. Please!!!

The 4K support was added with the day one patch according to the patch notes. Hence the reason the game appeared to run fine before the update.

I love the game but the screen tearing is ruining the experience for me. I just hope the issue gets addressed.

Fingers crossed.

V
stranger
stranger
V
It’s impossible for me enjoy this game with the horrible tearing and framerate. I don’t have 4k tv even and the performance is worse than a regular PS4. I didn’t buy a Pro for playing worse performance than my old regular PS4.

At least I hope they will give us a option for playing to 1080p

V
stranger
stranger
V
No news about this problem? I stopped to playing because tearing for me is worse than framerate dropping.

Being a indie studio trusting on crowdfunding those guys are no transparent at all

V
stranger
stranger
V
The game have no tearing more because last patch, but now the game is stuttering on all places, even places where the game was good before

Come on guys, let us play at 1080p like preorder, I don’t care 4K and can’t enjoy this

Last edited by vkbest; 18/10/18 08:59 PM.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I'm curious if the screen tearing issues reported here are still present in the game today? I'm thinking about doing a couch co-op run with my wife and I am on the fence about buying due to reports about the poor performance. I played on PC and loved it, but I am no fan of screen tearing.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard