Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I created a small level to use as a crafting area but when I go there some of the current quests close, is there a way to stop this from happening for my level?

T
addict
addict
T
The quests closing are just a small part of the problem: whenever you leave one of the levels of the campaign, most of the story scripting for that level gets deactivated. It won't be reactivated when you re-enter that level. So instead of creating a new level to which you teleport, add the level directly into the existing level(s).

You can place your level as a level template in existing levels to avoid having to recreate it for each individual level. There's no real documentation about level templates yet, unfortunately, but the notes of https://docs.larian.game/Osiris/API/ActivatePersistentLevelTemplate contain some information on how to create them (you don't need to use that scripting call itself).

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Ok thanks

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'm currently stumped.

I set up the level, selected everything, created a level template, inserted it into a different level, marked it as persistent, and everything looks good when testing it inside the editor.

But when I try it out in-game the terrain, walls, vegetation, water, rocks, etc are all there, but the majority of the clutter is missing. The bookshelves, weapon racks, some of the shelves, one floor chandelier, water fountain, statues, bar counters are there, but nothing else.

Any ideas?

T
addict
addict
T
This suggests there are at least two copies of the level template in your current level, and the one you are looking at is not currently active.

If you want it to be persistent (i.e., items dropped there in the current level get transferred to the copy of the level template in other levels) and you want to have multiple instances of the level template in a single level, then
a) mark the level template instance that should be active (= have all the interactable objects in it) when the level loads as "StartingActivePersistentTemplate". If there is only one copy of a persistent level template in a level, this is never needed, because then that copy will be made active on level load (if there are multiple ones and none of them is marked like this, a random one will be active by default).
b) call the ActivatePersistentLevelTemplate call linked above when you want to make another instance of the level template in the current level active.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks for all the help

I think I have everything straightened but the last issue I'm having is AI generation. When I put my level template into Fort Joy, doing a full AI generation breaks the pathing of certain areas of Fort Joy, making them unwalkable. I didn't make any changes to those areas.

T
addict
addict
T
Some places have been manually marked to be (non-)walkable. Don't perform a full generate, but only regenerate the part where you added your level template.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Okay that's what I was trying to do, but I can't highlight the template with the Select tool in the AI Grid Panel, is it because it's just floating there?

[Linked Image]

Is there a special way you have to place a level template into a level? I just used Place a new object

Last edited by striderbob; 16/10/18 02:28 AM.
T
addict
addict
T
I've asked our main level designer, and these are the requirements:
1) if you can place your level template somewhere in existing but unused AI-grid (e.g. some part of the sea), a local generate works
2) if you make the AI-grid bigger (by placing your level template instance outside any of the existing terrains), then indeed a full generate is required

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard