Next Thread
Print Thread
Danic99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone,
signed esspecially or this.
I absolutly love the first Diviinity Original Sin and now started the 2nd one which i instantly fell in love with as well :)
But unfortunately the constant screen tearing makes me crazy and i cant fully enjoy the game. I have both upgraded consoles, PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
First i tried the PS4 Version but changed to the xbox Version cause of the screen Tearing. Too bad its the same there.
In almost every battle and in Fort Joy randomly as well. Seems to be even worse with a party of 4. Im not further in the game so i dont know if it will be in other places as well.
I know u guys listen to feedback. So plz, try to fix this in the next Update. I would rather see a drop in resolution or some other part to get rid of this very annoying and obvious screen tear. I cant even remember when i saw the last game with screen tear. Its somethin i thought we get rid of in the PS4, Xbox One Era.

Count on you guys!

Grettings

Sebastian

Danic99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok, thats what i can add after observation.

Strangely tearing seems to happen more often the longer you play.
For example:
Reload my savegame and walk over the marketplace in fort joy. No tearing. At first i thought you ironed out the problem.
But later i went back there via waypoint portal suddenly the performance suffered heavily. Heavy tearing and framedrops instantly kicked in.

Certain effects seem to cause it as well.
For example:
Im in a fight. No tearing at start.
When i choose a teleportation spell and move the camera to find my target screen tearing kicks in.
Many effects in a fight seem to be a problem as well.

Is there no possibility to add vsync or something?

The game gets better and better. The Atmosphere is phenomenal. But this screen tearing pulls me out everytime...

Last edited by Danic99; 17/11/18 12:47 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
This game on upgrade consoles is pure shit, tearing, drops, stuttering. They are trying we play to 4k when the engine is not optimized enough. This should have a 1080p 60 fps option, but here we have a shitty 4k with a ton of graphics problem. Even 1080p/30 should be better if the can’t fix performance.

But they got the money from us players and don’t think to fix this problem because they don’t recognize it

Besides I feel I have been cheated because I bought this on Pro when people who played preorder first chapter said this was running perfect, because preorder version was running to 1080p, on the final release they patched the game to this shitty 4k when I don’t have 4k tv even

It’s a pity that console gamers don’t take care of this shitty practices. If they would released PC in this state they would have a ton of critices, but console players don’t take care when games not optimized release on their platforms

Last edited by vkbest; 20/11/18 05:12 AM.
Danic99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I played the EA Version on Xbox One X and there was definately no screen tearing. Im pretty sensible to this.
Its a bit dissapointing that no one from Larian gives a statement here like "Ok we are looking into this"
I dont think it would be super hard to fix that. If theres no other way, just lower the resolution...

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard