Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
psyclog Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The two main characters of our multiplayer campaign can't talk to each other.

The "talk" option with the other main character simply isn't there. It does not matter whether the other player connects to the server or not.

The companion of the other main character does have the "talk" option, but when you click on him, he will just say "not now" or something like that.

At first, we thought this was a feature of the game - but it obviously is not. The yellow question mark events are also bugged now. They disappear very quickly, usually before we can click on them. Now, however, we managed to click on a yellow question mark of the other companion, which caused the game to crash.

This goes so far back it affects every single on of our quick and auto save games. Continuing the game seems pointless, as we can't predict whether we will hit a dead-end with mandatory game crash at some point, as dialogue scenes occour throughout the game.

I have notived similar bug reports on this board, but they didn't get any responses.

psyclog Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Now I am confused.

I have noticed that this bug also affects our game:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=613221
(One main character, Lohse in our case, does have no audio for her lines in the party dialogue events)

I recreated the dialogue event that led to a crash yesterday, but now it worked without crashing the game (only skipped audio for Lohse).

But could anyone tell me if the two main characters should be able to talk to each other at all times (which I assumed), or if they can only talk to each other during certain "yellow exclamation mark" events? If so, then my alleged bug is not a bug, but a feature, and we are affected by another bug (skipped audio lines for Lohse).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard