Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

Why do I (and several other people get this message when exiting DE GM Prepare Mode to the main menu. This messgae appears when preparing a campaign with and without mods. I verified my files multiple times and still I get this messgae.

When testing a DE GM Mode campaign, with a debug client or another player, the game creates a mod called "Patch1_TDE.pak" in my mods folder, and when that file is already there it creates Patch-2. This causes horrible long download times for players and is clearly somehow connected to The Dark Eye Campaign while not even playing that campagn.

Also the Divinity Engine 2 won't open GM Mode save games claiming the saves are a "different version".

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 12/12/18 05:21 PM.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I did a bit more testing. Unsubscribing and delting all Definitive Edition mods fixes the issue but sunbscribing to even just 1 mod for GM Mode in DE (even if it's just a map) the error will reappear.
It looks like the latest patch did break modding for GM Mode.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
veteran
veteran
I had a similar error a long time ago. Turned out I'd put some files within the /Data/ folder manually through drag n drop that doesn't belong in the hierarchy. The game registers that as corrupt files sometimes. Uninstall the game, go to the game folder and check if any files remain. Remove them, then reinstall :] Do backups!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I am stuneed.
Removing "Patch_2.pak" from "steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data", starting the game, closing the game, putting the "Patch_2.pak" back, solved the issue for me :S I can download and use DE mods again.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
veteran
veteran
Naise! Time to pew pew!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard