With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, and dialogue. Our games offer real choices, and deliver real consequences. We’re now looking for the best and brightest to help us engage with our players through powerful and exciting cinematic scenes.
Recruit your own talented cinematic team:
- Set up your team’s schedules and manage their tasks.
- Promote Larian’s unique methods and iterative processes within your team, and lead by example.
- Review your team’s content on a regular basis.
Set up the cinematic production pipeline:
- Supervise the creation of storyboards, animatics and VO director notes.
- Adapt your workflow and mentality to Larian processes while maximising your creativity.
- Effectively communicate with tool and engine programmers to improve the cinematic and immersive experience of the game.
Communicate your artistic vision across all departments:
- Synchronise your vision with that of our Creative Director as well as other departments such as Animation, Art, Audio, Narrative Design, VFX and Writers.
- Understand the requirements of the game and maintain the cinematic vision of the production title.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documents concerning your cinematic vision.
- Work together with our writers to develop cinematically interesting scenes within a manageable work schedule.
Direct and supervise outside talent:
- Remotely supervise local facial motion capture directors at our UK-based sound booths.
- Direct and/or supervise body motion capture sessions.
- Supervise any possible outsourced development of cinematics.
- Direct the cinematography of marketing material.
College degree with a focus on cinema or film, including a strong grounding in:
- The fundamental principles of classic and modern cinema.
- Narrative, rhythm and character development.
- The theoretical and practical principles of animation.
- Directing, staging, and blocking.
- Cinematic style and presentation, and their possible application to the world of videogames.
- College degree with a focus on cinema or film, including a strong grounding in:
- 8 years’ experience in the screen industries (film/TV and/or games).
- You have previous shipped one AAA game as a cinematic director (or have equivalent experience).
- You have experience as a director or other senior creative on a professional film or TV production.
- After Effects
- Final Cut Pro and/or an equivalent editing tool.
- Autodesk Maya.
- Motion capture and/or performance capture directing.
- Management ability.
- Knowledge of video game production processes and pipelines.
- Knowledge of animation and character development and production processes and pipelines.
- The ability to collaborate with individuals and across departments.
- The ability to lead a team.
- The ability to give constructive and motivational feedback.
- The capacity to express opinions in a professional manner.
- An interest in video games, particularly RPGs.
You will be working with different teams so you must be willing and able to travel from time to time to our other studios.
Please supply a showreel demonstrating your current level of competence.
Work within an international Larian Studios team, spread between Belgium, Canada, Ireland and Russia.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Other perks and benefits.
How to Apply:
Apply by email to email@example.com with “Cinematic Director” in the subject line.
Include a CV and a motivational letter in English about yourself, your work and your gaming experience, and why you want to work at Larian.
As communicating in English is a requirement in our company, the interview will be conducted in English.