With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We strive to engage our players on every level with animations that are innovative and fun to watch!
We’re now looking for seasoned veterans to help us develop gameplay animations – and more – that will take Larian’s games to new heights of visual excellence.
Communicate with team leadership and production:
- Understand the requirements of the game and maintain the animation style of the production title.
- Explain your technical needs and the needs of the junior animators to our technical team.
- Adhere and commit to the milestones and sprints set for the entire team by our producers.
Work in a creative environment:
- Create charming and believable in-game animations ranging from the biggest creature to the smallest assets.
- Partner up with level designers in their needs to create an emotionally engaging world.
- Maintain your own animations through polish and bug fixing.
- A third-level qualification or university diploma with a focus on animation.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in game animations and the game industry.
- Published one AAA title as a Senior Animator or in an equivalent position.
Field experience in:
- Autodesk Maya, with its script languages as a bonus.
- Motion capture and cleaning tools, with a bonus for procedural solutions.
A thorough understanding of:
- Modern and classical animation styles.
- Anatomy and what moves and motivate creatures and characters alike.
- Fundamentals of animation theory, techniques and acting/staging.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Capable of dealing with:
- Game development processes and limitations.
- Production limitations of character and animation pipelines.
- Collaborative work in a studio environment, in both taking and giving feedback.
- Giving feedback in a constructive and motivating manner.
- Voicing opinions in a professional manner.
- Proactive participation in game development.
- Has an active interest in video games, particularly in role-playing games
- Passionate about animation, with a bonus for an active interest in non-mainstream animation productions.
Work within an international Larian Studios team, spread between Belgium, Canada, Ireland and Russia.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Other perks and benefits.
How to Apply:
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Animator” in the subject line.
Include a CV and a motivational letter in English about yourself, your work and your gaming experience, and why you want to work at Larian along with an up-to-date reel/portfolio/website demonstrating your current skill level.
As communicating in English is a requirement in our company, the interview will be conducted in English.