With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We strive to engage our players on every level, including with our systems. To increase our player engagement, Larian Studios is looking for a Senior Cinematic Artist.
Use cinematic tools to to bring scenes to life
- Take on technically and cinematically difficult scenes from conception to polished.
- Craft cutscenes and sequences that emphasize camera motion and character performance.
- Manipulate performance capture data to stage scenes.
Mentor and teach cinematic artists how to author engaging cinematics using proprietary tools
Provide feedback and help guide future iterations of cinematic tools and pipelines
Understand, maintain, and teach the cinematic style of the production title.
- Elevate the emotional impact of the narrative through cinematics.
Tap into your cinematic experience to tackle emotional and performance heavy sequences
- College degree with a focus on film or animation or comparable years professional cinematic experience in games / film
- At least 5 years cinematic experience in games / film.
- You have previous shipped one AAA game as a cinematic artist (or have equivalent experience).
- Understanding of composition, cameras, lenses, film language, editing, and pacing.
- Keen eye for acting, including posing and timing.
- Timeline tools experience – Unity Timeline Editor / Unreal Sequencer / Adobe After Effects / Final Cut Pro
- Autodesk Maya.
- Power User. Quick to learn and master new software
- Collaborative attitude. Capable of growing through peer feedback and iteration and providing clear, positive feedback to peers
- An interest in video games, particularly RPGs
Please supply a showreel demonstrating your current level of competence.
Work within an international Larian Studios team, spread between Belgium, Canada, Ireland and Russia.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Other perks and benefits.
How to Apply:
Apply by email to email@example.com with “Senior Cinematic Artist” in the subject line.
Include a CV and a motivational letter in English about yourself, your work and your gaming experience, and why you want to work at Larian along with an up-to-date reel/portfolio/website demonstrating your current skill level.
Note: Applicants who are deemed a potential match will be asked to take a cinematic test.
As communicating in English is a requirement in our company, the interview will be conducted in English.