With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We’re now looking for Lighting Artists to work with our In-Game and Cinematics teams!
The quest of the lighting team is to set the mood, the atmosphere in game and in cinematics, to immerse the player in our universe, while optimizing our work and learning about new processes and technologies.
Lighting Artist - Junior
- Work with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game
- Work closely with the art, tech art, and cinematic departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives
- Anticipate and work well within different production and technical constraints and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Notions in the following lighting techniques: static lighting, dynamic lights, Physical Based Material, and pre-baked light map solutions
Nice to Have
- Experience with various engines like Unreal 3-4 or in-house engines
What We Offer
- An international team of over 400 employees spread across 6 studios around the world, each of which have their own unique qualities, and maintain a small-studio feel
- An open, collaborative environment where ideas are welcome and encouraged
- A managerial team consisting of highly experienced game developers at the top of their fields
- Sharing hobbies and passions with likeminded colleagues
- Inclusive environment with many activities organized by the studios or the employees
- Commitment to making the best game possible for the fans, including listening to community feedback
Every time you open a door in our game, there is a new story waiting for you. You have the opportunity to create multiple ambiances in which to set the player. You keep pushing yourself and the engine to reach the quality and user-friendly tools upon which our team depends. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job