With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. The team that created Divinity: Original Sin 2, PC Gamer’s Game of the Year 2017 and Metacritic’s top-rated PC game of 2017, is working on new projects and looking for new talents.
To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help. We want to find passionate, skillful people to join us on our next adventure and are now looking for a Animation Programmer for our Quebec studio.
- Work on all aspects of animation systems of the game: engine features, integration with gameplay and gameplay features themselves;
- Work closely together with the other departments to implement the needed components;
- Work together with the animators, tech animators, designers and gameplay programmers;
- Write robust and maintainable code;
- Be an active participant in the design and production of the game — technical side of creative team!
- 4+ years experience in C++;
- Excellent feel for RPG systems and gameplay in general;
- Open-minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature;
- Concepts as state machines, animation blending should be second nature;
- Upper-intermediate English;
- You are a team player and willing to take responsibility and ownership;
- Passion for making and playing great games;
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent software debugging skills.
- Experience with animation trees and tools to build them;
- Experience with blueprint-like tools to create animation systems
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering;
- Game development experience;
- Experience with motion matching and machine learning algorithms;
- Experiences with TDD
- Background in RPGs;
- Shipped game/console titles