Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#422632 18/10/10 06:28 AM
vizman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Can someone tell me where Rayhun's fortress is? I can't seem to find it. I accidently found Kali's.

Support
Support

Rayhun's headquarters is in Broken Valley (now occupied by an extended flying fortress), where the village used to be. Geshniz’s headquarters is by Maxos' temple.

Raze #422660 18/10/10 08:41 PM
vizman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you!

vizman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ummm...how do I get there? I think I found it once before and forgot where it is....sigh.

Support
Support

From the walkthrough;
-To disable the anti-dragon zone around the mine, you'll need to find a
generator just west of the mine and flip a nearby lever in human form.

-Another lever can be found just southeast of Lord Lovis' tower.

-The next zone to disable requires you to land in the area only accessible
after flipping the prior lever (west of Lord Lovis' tower, just north of the
still active zone). Find and use a teleporter after you land, then locate and
flip the lever at the top of the new area to disable all but one remaining
anti-dragon zone.

-Next, disable the barrier by landing on a platform on the west side of Maxos'
temple and flipping the lever there. Geshniz's Headquarters can be accessed
via the teleporter on this platform.

-The last anti-dragon zone can be disabled by flipping a lever not too far
west of the zone itself (like the others, it's found inside of a thick-walled
fort easily visible on the map).

IIRC the last anti-dragon zone mentioned is the one around Rayhun's headquarters, with the generator north west of the village in the starting section, near where the necromancer's cave was (map).

Raze #422667 18/10/10 10:26 PM
vizman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks again!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I seem to be having a few problems accessing these areas; anybody got any ideas? I've tried exploring the Broken Valley fortresses but there are no entrances, no shield generators or switches and the one teleporter I've found did nothing when I tried using it.

A few other weirdies are that at one point I was spontaneously teleported to another area for no reason, a Black Ring type started shooting at me from inside a rock and about half the ballistas had "sunk" into their support towers. From what I recall from my previous play-through, an entire area was missing altogether with just its "plinth" visible.

I'm guessing it's possible it just hasn't been fully initialised since Stone's fortress is the only one I've done so far, but I'm trying to work out if I've been beset by a bug in which case I don't want to expend huge amounts of time on the other forts since they're quite lengthy to deal with and not one of the more fun elements of the game.

Er, hopefully this is a reasonable place to ask since it's kind of the same subject, but if it needs its own thread, perhaps a mod could intervene...

Edit: for the record, I'm using my original install from earlier this year with Flames Of Vengeance added on, if that makes any difference.

Last edited by Vometia; 27/11/10 02:24 AM.

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Having dug out an old save, it's a real mess there too. Other stuff I'd forgotten were corpses hanging in mid-air, floating objects and other stuff; so it looks like it's not my save but a problem with the game. I'm concerned it's a compatibility problem with Ego Draconis and the expansion, whereas those who installed the Dragon Knight Saga probably aren't seeing the problem. I guess I could reinstall, but does anybody else have any other ideas...?

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Well just to well and truly make a mess of this thread (er, sorry ) I think I had a bit of a case of "searching fail" as I've now discovered it's a known problem which is discussed here. So I've emailed them and hopefully they'll fix my save. Typical I should do it right at the start of the weekend though...

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard