With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, and dialogue. We’re now looking for the best and brightest to help us develop awesome visual effects - and more - that will elevate Larian games to new and greater heights.
VFX Director - Quebec City
- Develop look and feel of VFX that fit projects’ stylistic guidelines.
- Present concepts and ideas to creative director and other departments, interpreting feedback and making recommendations where appropriate.
- Communicate with art director, designers, animation directors, and producers.
- Provide direction and generate conceptual and creative ideas for the VFX team. Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity that communicate essential game information.
- Understand ongoing and upcoming needs of the VFX department.
- Anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements.
- Stay up-to-date and be aware of current trends of the game industry.
- Identify and set up best practices of VFX workflow.
- Supervise and inspire VFX artists to produce outstanding work.
- Optimization of VFX for better performance without sacrificing quality of end product.
- Guide R&D to experiment with new industry technology and trends to improve the projects’ visual quality and efficiency
- Professional VFX experience in the game industry.
- Have successfully shipped AAA titles.
- Experience in building and leading VFX team.
- Excellent knowledge of techniques (particle effects, modeling, textures, shaders) and tools (Houdini, Maya, Substance Designer, UE4, Unity) necessary to the creation of high quality real-time visual effects.
- Ability to mentor staff.
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills to inspire the VFX team and to present goals and creative vision.
- Adaptability to various aesthetic and animation styles.
- Experience mitigating and resolving risks.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job