With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, and dialogue. As gameplay scripter you become a core part of the design team. That means you don't just script: you add to the quest design of the game. You don't just lay out the basics, but adapt and improve as you go along.
- Analyze and implement quest outlines given to you by quest designers.
- Work with the design team to solve and implement solutions to quest design problems, be it in quest logic, flow and/or pacing.
- Implement character behaviors to make the game world to come alive.
- Provide the writing team with detailed dialog frameworks that demonstrate an optimal flow when conveying (quest) information.
- You have an analytical mind that is able to approach quests from a player's perspective and you can assess whether a quest is fun to play and flows well. Good insight in the entire design process is very important.
- You're able to independently come up with creative solutions for whatever quest design problems may arise and subsequently implement them.
- You have great attention for detail. There are usually dozens of ways to break a freshly scripted quest. Let's see if you stay one step ahead of QA every time!
- You are more than familiar with the RPG genre and you have played many RPGs You must be willing to iterate over your work to keep improving the game.
- Programming skills in C, C++, lua or c#
- Good communication skills in English.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job