Larian Studios - Guildford is looking to hire a full-time Technical Sound Designer to join our team!
Here you will work with our audio team to implement and maintain audio systems within the game while communicating with teams across Europe, Asia and North America time zones. We’re looking for a pioneer of audio middleware (Wwise is our weapon of choice), a connoisseur of the noble art of implementation with a passion for solving new and complex puzzles to ensure the realisation of the next generation audio soundscapes.
If you are this person, we want to hear from you -- please prepare your best portfolio with game audio systems implementation.
Technical Sound Designer
- Implement and maintain audio systems
- Script Audio triggers using our proprietary scripting tool
- Collaborate with our Tech Sound Design Team to ensure that the Sound Design Team has the tools needed to enrich the game with audio
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments to ensure that the systems are correctly incorporated
- Maintain Wwise project
- Create and maintain Audio documentation
- Define and enforce best practices around our audio systems
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality
- 2+ years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- Extensive experience with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- A portfolio showcasing game audio systems implementation
- One published AAA title credited where you have built and maintained part of the audio system
- Industry knowledge of common implementation strategies
- Experience with sound design and audio engineering practices (recording, mixing, mastering)
- Proficient with Reaper
- Excellent self time management and forecasting capabilities, synthesising the requests for a specific feature in a plan that includes ETAs and dependencies
- Familiarity with high level scripting languages (ex. Lua, Python, Ruby)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with automated workflows
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience in creating scripts for Reaper
- Experience with Batch processing practices
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job