With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We strive to engage our players on every level with animations that are innovative and fun to watch! We’re now looking for Senior Level Designer who can work on our future games creating amazing level designs from conceptualization to implementation
Senior Level Designer
- Understand the roll the area plays in the composition of the game experience based on the narrative and design/creative directors briefing;
- Be aware of the narrative flow of the game and what part that area plays in the story
- Have the foresight to embed areas for features that are in production but not available yet;
- Be ready to throw away everything you made and start from scratch with a new perspective obtained through previous iterations;
- Fix all bugs related to level design on your own or other peoples' areas;
- Make rough level designs based on the given briefings and situations and iterate with scripters and combat designers to bring the level to an art ready production phase
- Make sure the level is always playable and ready to go, specially during the art pass phase where level and environment artists start decorating;
- A design relevant university degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in video game level design
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- An extremely positive can do attitude;
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to experience the game as a gamer;
- Preferably an RPG Gamer with a passion for CRPGs
- Work within an international Larian Studios team, spread between Belgium, Canada, Ireland and Russia.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Full-time contract
- Inheritance of a totally awesome, multidisciplinary and crazy talented team to grow with.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job