With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, and dialogue. As an RPG Designer, you’ll have oversight over multi-disciplinary design teams. You will be a bit of a generalist with a good understanding of Level Design, Combat Design, UX/UI, Gameplay Scripting and Narrative. You can communicate priorities, support development and take ownership of delivering results. The ideal person will be able to work off their own initiative, make decisions and communicate effectively.
- Ensure logical and well paced narrative flow in the combination of situations, dialogs and areas.
- Solve and help implement solutions to quest design problems.
- Work on systems that lead to emergent behaviour.
- Design and implement puzzles and combat situations.
- Help work on UI designs and organize user research.
- Take ownership of the various game features, and work together with different departments to reach the optimal finished state.
- Identify what needs to happen through exploring the goal, iteration and gathering feedback.
- Get things done, but take every department's point of view, limits and priorities into account.
- Contribute to a multitude of design tasks not limited to UI, level design, balancing, systems design, combat, situations and puzzles.
- You can take the lead of a creative element of the game, communicate with all parties involved, gather feedback, and sink your teeth into it until it's finished.
- You can come up with creative solutions to new problems, or identify issues that don't require reinventing the wheel.
- You can imagine what it's like seeing the game for the first time every single day, you understand player expectations.
- You have a great attention to detail.
- You can observe players and learn from their actions and filter their feedback.
- Original Sin 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no secrets anymore.
- Your other favourite games are also RPGs.
- You dabble in C# or LUA, you can work with a game editor, but you feel you're more of a generalist.
Things to Note!
- There will be a test component of this application process which will cover the main design disciplines of Level Design, Combat Design, Scripting, Narrative and UX/UI.
- Whilst we don't expect applicants to be experts in all of these fields, we are looking for individuals with a solid foundation.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job